android
Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Default Custom patched Rockbox build for the Cowon iAudio X5

Not sure if there's any demand for this, but I assume there are still some people like me out there, using the X5 on a daily basis. So I thought I'd share my custom Rockbox builds here, if anyone's interested.

Included patches are:
  • FS#00000 - Meier Crossfeed v4 (removes the default crossfeed and implements both Bertrik's Meier v2 and v3 crossfeeds)
  • FS#00000 - Channel Swap (selectable in sound settings > channel configuration, great for IEMs that are more comfortable with the left bud in the right ear, and vice versa)
  • FS#00000 - Keymap changes (long press on play/pause goes to file browser instead of stopping playback)
  • FS#09305 - Context sensitive backlight on key press
  • FS#11052 - SID playback in stereo
  • FS#12075 - Add timeout to quickscreen

Download: 120414-449dff4M-iaudiox5 (FS#9305, FS#11052, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt

You can also try my X5 bootloader. It boots the X5 on a short flick of the power slider (contrary to the default bootloader which requires to hold the power slider and shows an annoying and faulty "shutting down" message when doing a short flick): cowon-x5-rockbox-bootloader-v4-dfkt.zip

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 PM

New updated build in the first post.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 AM

Bought a - supposedly still fully working - X5L 30 GB for about 70 yesterday, now waiting 'till it arrives. Will install this as soon as it lands on my doorstep. Thanks!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 AM

Wow, you're a lucky guy! They sure aren't easy to come by nowadays. Hope you like it as much as I do... new players just don't hold a candle to the X5.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Wow, you're a lucky guy! They sure aren't easy to come by nowadays.

You can also try my X5 bootloader. It's less annoying than the default one: cowon-x5-rockbox-bootloader-v4-dfkt.zip
Yep, they sure aren't. There simply hasn't been a single one on any Belgian second hand website the past year or so. I had to buy this one from a dutch seller.

Thanks again for the bootloader tip, I remember I really liked the original user interface (this isn't my first X5, heh) so I think I'll still use that instead of rockbox about half of the time.

Now I just hope the guy wasn't lying when he said the battery still lasts quite a few hours (however unlikely that sounds, after all these years). Only when the battery finally fails I'll replace it, and same goes for the HDD...

Did you make that cross-fade? I once had that on my clip, damn I loved it!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 AM

Added new build to the first post, including some new patches.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Added new build to the first post, including some new patches.
Will it work with my M5?

Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 AM

No, it's different hardware.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 AM

New build in the first post.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 PM

The X5 is wonderful and thank you for the bootloader, builds and themes. I wish those informational lines were gone from the bootloader so the the boot is visually cleaner.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:48 PM

Thumbs up

Thanx a million for this
I really love my X5 (60GB ) and use it every day.

I'd like to see what sound settings others are using: Eq , Treble , Bass , Crossfeed etc ...