android
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Default Rockboxed ClipZip delete files

Hi i wanna ask you guys, although my rockboxed zip works fine, why cant i delete files from the .rockbox folder?? i delete them normally but they just wont disappear.....

My attempt to delete is because i somehow made a corrupted installation from the rockbox utility and got the ''plug the usb cable'' message (means that bootloader was incorrectly installed).
Then i tried the manual method and it works fine by now, BUT in the .rockbox folder there are subfolders with ''adsf===='' names that i want to remove.

Thnx for answers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Administrator

I haven't experienced the issue you have right now but when I've had problems deleting files in the past it was an indicator of problems with the file system. I'd check the file system with whatever disk checking facility your OS has. If you're using Windows that would be when you view the disk and look in the Properties menu under Tools.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM

Its windows7.
You were right, i ran the disk error check from the properties menu, it detected some ''misswrited files'' that were fixed after the procedure.

By saying fixed i mean (as the message said) it moved the corrupted files in a folder called 'found' that i dont seem to locate where it might be..
And i think im not the only one.
http://forum.soft32.com/windows/Scan...ict345934.html

I think now only the necessary files remain in the .rockbox folder, and none of them has a strange name. Thnx for help.
Btw, to update my rockbox version i just overwrite the new files from the .rockbox folder in the disk directory, right??

Old 03-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Yes, file system errors are quite common removable media. Disconnecting at the wrong time can easily create them, and the fat32 file system isn't that robust against errors. Nevermind things like bugs in USB drivers or rockbox itself.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Glad that helped. If you want to locate the broken files you may be able to find them if you set your Windows folder options to show protected system files. I've also located them just by setting the file view options in Rockbox to show all files. I don't know why but sometimes I've found them and sometimes I haven't. It never seemed to make a difference either way. If you do locate the FOUND folder I'd just delete it. There's nothing in their of any value.

The way you describe updating your Rockbox is how usually I do it. I just place the new .rockbox file in the root of the player by drag and dropping the whole thing or unzipping. The internal structure of the .rockbox file will overwrite the older files and leave your settings in place.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Glad that helped. If you want to locate the broken files you may be able to find them if you set your Windows folder options to show protected system files.
Lol, u just made my day