android
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Default Managing Playlists on E354 with MediaMonkey?

I see that there have been a number of past posts discussing difficulties creating and managing playlists for E-series Walkman players.

Has there been any improvement in the past 6 - 12 months?

I want to create and manage playlists for my E354 using MediaMonkey.
I am running Windows 7, and when I plug in the E354, it is recognized as an unlettered Portable Media Device.

From past discussions, it seems that some found it necessary to install Winamp in order to take advantage of its MTP drivers, and then to transfer playlists from MediaMonkey using MTP. Is this still the case, or is there an easier way (or, rather, an alternative that doesn't involve Winamp)? Does it make a difference that I am using Windows 7?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
The other possibility that comes to mind is a 16 GB Sony E series player if they're available to you. You used the Canadian symbol for money and I'm not sure what's available there now.

My older NWZ E345 works very well with any sync software and the person that had it before me used MM exclusively. She didn't need anything fancy. She needed just wanted sync her new music and podcasts and said it the easiest setup she ever tried for that.
Not so sure that that is the case with all Sony E-series and current versions of MediaMonkey.

I have a new 8 GB Sony NWZ-E354 that I cannot get MediaMonkey (I've tried releases 4.0.1 & 4.0.5 for this) to play well with in terms of making playlists on the device. I can make playlists on it just fine in Winamp, but not in MediaMonkey.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Administrator

I've moved this to where your original issue with playlists and MediaMonkey was posted. Bumping open old threads to complain about your MediaMonkey problems isn't going to solve anything. If Winamp is creating playlist and MM isn't, it would seem to be a MM problem.

I know that CDMP3PlayerFan has a NWZ-E465 and uses MM to create playlists. If it works for someone else and not for you that would seem to indicate there's an problem with how you're going about making playlists, your MM installation or your player.

Narrowing down which it is requires more information. I would add more details as to what you're doing to create your playlists both in MM and Winamp. Just saying it doesn't work doesn't give anyone a starting point to help investigate the problem.

BTW, it's doubtful installing Winamp would solve a MTP problem. Winamp depends on the same MTP drivers that all other Windows based MTP enabled media managers use. Those drivers are provided by Windows through Windows Media Player.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:18 AM

@ruan,
I was using MM(4.0.0.1461 Portable Mode) to snyc my E-354. Everything is going very well.
Make a playlist, than send tracks to the playlist. MM will sync all track in that playlist to my player when the device connected, and create a *.pla playlist file in the device folder.
I had kind of problem with Winamp.
my post:http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68446

Recently, I bulit a 4TB (2x2TB) external storage device, and renew all tracks to flac format (haven't done yet). MM need me pay an extra fee to get auto-conversion (to aac) function. So I am using the MediaGo again.

Tags
e354, mediamonkey, mtp, playlists, winamp