android
Old 05-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Default Freeze ups?

How common are they on players such as Fuze?

I just got a fuze, rockbox'd it and love it to death, but it does seem to freeze up on me quite a bit.

For example when I eject it from my computer it usually seems to stay frozen in the USB plugged in screen. Or when I change themes it freezes mid way while it's changing and I just see half of the new theme and half of the old one. This leads me to keep resetting it via holding the power button up for 15 secs.

Is there a fix or is it just that I need more space? I currently have 1GB+ remaining.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

The theme/USB freeze is probably the same issue, and will hopefully be fixed soon:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12639

It seems that a bug sometimes causes the USB and theme code to try and use the same memory at the same time when certain themes are loaded. Fortunately, funman seems to have mostly tracked it down.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 PM

Ok I think this should be fixed. If its not, please let someone know so that it gets looked at.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Ok I think this should be fixed. If its not, please let someone know so that it gets looked at.
So an update?
How do I update the fuze using the rockbox utility?
Would I have to go find the files or is it automatic?

Also, it seems that the fuze freezes up more when u connect it to the computer while it's off. It seems to not freeze up while it's on, at least 90% of the time.
Or it might just be me.

Some other concerns:

The fuze's back and front cover doesn't seem to be perfectly closed. It looks a little bulged up, as in, I can see the lights inside the fuze from the sides, or is it supposed to be so? Concerning that, I am over protective or my things(since I can't easily replace them and I have so few things, technology wise) and I want a case, I was considering a hardcover case, does this look legit/trustworthy?

Also, when I play songs from "Files" they seem to take some few seconds to load, somewhere from 3-5+ seconds. I have like 1-2 GB of space left, so I don't think lack of space is the problem. And when I try to play from Database, they don't play at all. I go to an artist, album, etc... and it goes to the song, but right away it returns to the list of songs without playing. All my music is mp3, is there anything I'm missing?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity View Post
So an update?
How do I update the fuze using the rockbox utility?
Would I have to go find the files or is it automatic?
You can do it either way.