android
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM

Talking Is Rockox USB on Fuze v1 Supported in 3.11.2 ?

I recently acquired a Sansa Fuze v1, running OF 01.02.31A.
I did a manual install of Rockbox as described in the rockbox.org Sandisk Sansa AMS Port Page, using mkasmboot on WinXP to make the patched bootloader.

With the current stable release 3.11.2, I cannot get a Rockbox USB connection. With rockbox running, the USB icon never appears when I connect the USB cable. I also tried a current build (ad46064) with the same result.
The 3.11.2 release notes clearly state USB connectivity for AMSV2, (but not AMSV2) so perhaps the rockbox Fuze V1 USB mentioned in this thread does not work with the current stable release 3.11.2?

I am very happy to get rockbox running on my Fuze V1 and will put up with the OF USB connection with it's data refresh delay, but if it is still possible to get a Rockbox USB connection that would be a big bonus.

Thanks for any additional info.

Last edited by skip252; 07-13-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Posts moved here from 2 year old necrothread

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 AM

I don't have anywhere near 32gb of music so what i've been doing with my fuze+ is just using the micro sd only. Been charging on the wall and using http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Mobile...sb+card+reader for copying files over. avoids clutter on my desk

Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 PM

Default More RE: Rockbox USB Fuze v1 - Bugs in 3.11.2

I did some digging in the rockbox.org release archive and found that the release 3.7 notes did indeed support usb on fuzev1.

I installed v3.7 on my fusev1 and I am happy to report that Rockbox USB does work !!

The story is not so nice for the current stable release 3.11.2 and it's current builds.

1. With current build (ad46064) the usb icon appears briefly and then I got the white screen with undefined instruction at 0000003C. This was repeated on 3 attempts.

2. With the current stable release 3.11.2, the USB icon appears, but WinXP reports no device; then the usb icon disappeared and the WPS screen locked up. I made 3 attemtps to get a rockbox usb connection, but all failed.

In both above cases, recover was a simple power off.

I restored the 3.7 version and the Rockbox usb is fine.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM

Default Correction: Rockbox USB Fuze v1 - Bugs in 3.11.2

After more testing with the Rockbox usb on version 3.7, I noticed some occasional disconnect/reconnects. Looks like this was a problem with my usb port. I was using a 4 port USB2.0 hub (only Sansa Fuze V1 connected) at the time, but when I connected to a dedicated PC USB port the Rockbox USB connection was fine. Seems like the 4 port Hub was not supplying enough current.

I retested with version 3.11.2 connected to the dedicated PC USB port and the Sansa FuzeV1 Rockbox USB connection was fine. So please disregard the previous bug report for 3.11.2, it was due to using a 4 port usb Hub.

I also retested the current build (ad46064) connected to the dedicated PC USB port and I still get the appearance of the USB icon, immediately followed by a white screen with Undefined Instruction at 0000003C. So this seems to be a valid bug.

Sorry for any confusion. Hope this clears it up.

Bottom Line: ALWAYS USE A DEDICATED PC USB PORT; Not a HUB.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Are you filing bug reports or just posting your issues here? Some Rockbox developers post here but it's my understanding that if you want an issue addressed posting a bug report will be more likely to get a particular issue looked into.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Are you filing bug reports or just posting your issues here? Some Rockbox developers post here but it's my understanding that if you want an issue addressed posting a bug report will be more likely to get a particular issue looked into.
Its sounds like this one covers it:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12184

Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Its sounds like this one covers it:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12184
Thanks for the Flyspray tip. I raised a bug report on Flyspray re Sansa Fuze V1 fails on daily build (ad46064-120710). So far I have not seen the problem stated in FS12184, using a dedicated PC USB port with 3.11.2.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autofils View Post
With the current stable release 3.11.2, I cannot get a Rockbox USB connection. With rockbox running, the USB icon never appears when I connect the USB cable. I also tried a current build (ad46064) with the same result.
From your bug report:

Quote:
Note: the USB connection works fine with the current stable release 3.11.2 and this is the first daily build I have tried
Which is correct?

Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I'm confused.

From your bug report:

Which is correct?
The bug report is correct. I made a correction in post 4 to my initial comment about release 3.11.2, which is copied below. Sorry for the confusion.

Copy of Correction Post #4
-------------------------------
After more testing with the Rockbox usb on version 3.7, I noticed some occasional disconnect/reconnects. Looks like this was a problem with my usb port. I was using a 4 port USB2.0 hub (only Sansa Fuze V1 connected) at the time, but when I connected to a dedicated PC USB port the Rockbox USB connection was fine. Seems like the 4 port Hub was not supplying enough current.

I retested with version 3.11.2 connected to the dedicated PC USB port and the Sansa FuzeV1 Rockbox USB connection was fine. So please disregard the previous bug report for 3.11.2, it was due to using a 4 port usb Hub.

I also retested the current build (ad46064) connected to the dedicated PC USB port and I still get the appearance of the USB icon, immediately followed by a white screen with Undefined Instruction at 0000003C. So this seems to be a valid bug.

Sorry for any confusion. Hope this clears it up.

Bottom Line: ALWAYS USE A DEDICATED PC USB PORT; Not a HUB.