android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze+

Old 10-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Default Strange Behavior in MicroSD Audible Folder (Rockbox and OF)

I have RockBox on my Sansa Fuze+ and I really enjoy the relative freedom of use it has compared to the OF. However, I had some rather important files (homework, to be exact) that I didn't want anyone to tamper with, so I made a few bogus entries in the Audible folder on my SD Card and cut & pasted the files there. It went like this: "<MMC>/Audible/USER_CACHE/WINDIR/Folder with sensitive files."
One day, I got bored and decided to play around with the OF, so I booted into the OF and then back into Rockbox. Then, later, my dad asked to use my MP3 player, so I handed it to him. He handed it back to me and told me he couldn't figure it out.

That night, I went to access those files in the audible folder, and they were gone! All that was left was "<MMC>/Audible/USER_CACHE/" Nothing after that! I got worried that my dad had accidentally deleted it or something, since you pretty much had to hit every top entry to get to the files. Then i thought that myabe some application on the MP3 player had cleared the folder. So, I did a little testing, copying and pasting files in the USER_CACHE folder and booting into the OF, finding that the OF deleted the files automatically. I did this in the Audible folder on the Flash memory, and those files stayed intact.

So, my question is: Is the Original Firmware on the Sansa Fuze+ programmed to delete any files that are not Audible files in the Audible directory, specifically on the SD Card? If so, why? Is it normal behavior for the Fuze+ or other players with Audible support?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]