android
Old 10-28-2012, 12:38 PM

Default Walkman with attitude E354

Hi I have an E354 which I like very much except for one thing. I find that if I charge it up whilst connected to my computer, it adds unwanted mp3 files to the memory by itself that I haven't put there or duplicates stuff that's on there into new folders. All of this takes up memory that I'd rather have a choice about what I put there. Yesterday I wanted to add one single track, and before I could do that, it had taken an existing folder and made a new folder under a different name. I deleted it.

It then caused some problems with my PC. I couldn't play a DVD this morning for my exercises, it kept going back to the music I'd deleted. I'm not so bothered about that, I'm sure if I turn it off and on again that will clear it.

However, how can I stop the memory thing?

Vanessa

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Abi

That sounds to be the behavior of the computer based media manager, not the player. What media player do you use? If it's Windows Media Player you need to find the setting in the Options Menu to not automatically sync when the player is connected.

Most syncing programs will have a similar setting. Some require you activate sync on connection. With others it the default. Check your Device settings to see which it is for your media library and change it to your preference. That should stop any unwanted files being moved to the player.

I'm not understanding the part about playing a DVD. Do you mean you've loaded a video and are watching it on the player?

If that's not it could you provide more detail Whatever it is sounds unusual and shouldn't be happening. You should be able to watch or listen to what you prefer without interference from another set of files being played using either the player or the PC.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM

Thank you Skip 252. I'll have to try that. You're right I didn't fully explain. It didn't seem directly relevant. The problem I have is that I have to use an external CD/DVD RW drive because the internal one on the laptop failed. Consequently I was using the same USB port(s) to play my morning exercise DVD and it wouldn't. Windows Media Player seems to be my default, so I'll have a look at what you have suggested. Oh WMP also dug out another mp3 file completely and started playing it when I wanted my DVD! It just seems as though this technology has a mind of its own.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM

Right. I've had a look and deselected the following options which were previously selected: "Use media information to arrange files in folders on the disc"; "Find media that others are sharing"; and "Add media files to library when played"

I hope that will do it.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Download a program called MediaMonkey and use it instead of WMP. This way you'll have a quality piece of software that's more configurable to your needs.

MediaMonkey

Tags
add unwanted files, memory