android
Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Default 2nd time in the shop

OK, I bought my SGP 4.0 in July 2012, I love it to death. Everything was going so great, until last week. I was jamming to some music at work and it just stopped playing. I looked at the screen and the "Samsung" screen was on, it stayed on for about 20 seconds, then went off. I tried to turn it on, nothing, I took out the battery, put it back it, nothing. The battery was atleast 90% charged at the time. I then made a service request through Samsung since it is still under warranty, I sent it in early last week, got it back turned it on worked for 30 minutes and did the same thing. I sent it back again and told them if they don't fix it this time to give me a different one. I don't really have any questions for you guys, just giving you some info, maybe someone else has had the same problem and can give me some advise. I don't know why it is shutting off, and not being able to turn back on. Maybe the battery is bad, hope they fix it this time, I think all they did last time was reset it back to factory specs, cause all my apps were taken off. Anyone have any issues similar to mine, please comment.

UPDATE:

I haven't received it yet, but RSI (the people who fix samsung's warranty products) said they replaced the PBA board on my SGP 4.0. I hope it is fixed.

Last edited by utengineer04; 11-07-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: update

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Let us know the outcome

Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM

I, myself, did the same thing (well, sent it in because how fast the battery drains). Waiting to see how it is, whenever it returns.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM

Got it back last Friday (Nov 9th), so far so good. I guess something must have happened to my board, the repair guy said I basically have a new player. I guess the PBA board is the main board, like a motherboard. I'll let you know how things turn out if something goes wrong.

Thanks for listening, I was pretty ticked off. I didn't loose any data or anything, just had to load my apps again. I sure hope it goes well, I love my SGP.

Last edited by utengineer04; 11-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Tags
repaired