android
Old 03-19-2007, 03:39 AM

Default ZEN V+ 4GB Problems?

Is it just me, or does it seem that most people are having trouble with the 4 Gig models? Also, it only seems to be with the Plus model. I have a ZEN V and it has never acted up. Works perfectly. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Mp3 Player: White/Orange Zen V 1GB (Small is cute, right?)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM

Had my Zen V plus a week now an so far no problems. I had one lockup when transfering a file but it was on a machine that had none of the creative software loaded on. It showed up as an external storage device and I copied a large amount of music over USB 1.1 and half way through it locked. Other then that no issues. I did get the 2 year extended warranty tho If I could do it over I would have gone with Cowon. This thing doesnt get near loud enough for me. I have it at max volume almost all the time.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:58 PM

Wow, dude. You must be deaf. This thing blasts for me. Anyway, I've had mine a couple of days, and the only thing I've seen wrong with it is that the left, lower, front side of the player pushes down just like the right side (the side with the buttons). I don't think it's supposed to do that. That and Creative's Video Converter takes my 13-15mb MPEGs and turns them into 112mb AVIs. Even though it's a smaller size, and bitrate. Wtf?

Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 PM

Some of my MP3s seem much quieter then others and I have no room to turn them up like I had on my ipod shuffle but atleast I dont have to deal with iTunes anymore. I have only had these CX300's for about 10min and they seem to be getting louder as I listen to them. Oh yeah and im probably deaf from my trucks stereo .

Old 03-19-2007, 03:55 PM

Lol. I would suggest using MP3Gain. If you use WMP11, it should level off your songs' volumes when you go to sync.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Whats the point of Sync? I havent used it yet.. I just copy over what I want and Its usually a long time before I go back to put more music on it.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:46 PM

It gets all of your album art and info. You can build playlists in WMP and sync those. And the whole volume leveling thing.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM

Very cool.. thanks for the info... my last MP3 player was that damn shuffle and after I got the songs on it I left them on there for over a year because I hated iTunes so much... I sold it with the same songs still on it Enjoying creatives software much more!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
Very cool.. thanks for the info... my last MP3 player was that damn shuffle and after I got the songs on it I left them on there for over a year because I hated iTunes so much... I sold it with the same songs still on it Enjoying creatives software much more!
I hate Itunes.
I had the opportunity to get an Ipod video but I decided on a Zen V plus 4gb instead because Itunes is the biggest pain ever.
O_o
I love my Zen.
I've had quite a few issues.
All easily fixed though.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamandoX View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem that most people are having trouble with the 4 Gig models? <snip>
Mine's a VP4G. I'm on my second. The OLED died on the first within a couple of days. Got vertical stripes of dead pixels. The position of the stripes changed with pressure on the case at the bottom of the screen, so I think it was the OLED connector.

The replacement is still working fine. I'm very happy with it. Specially now I've managed to get MTP working on Ubuntu. Stupidly assumed nobody would make a player that didn't support mass storage operation...

I haven't installed the Creative SW on my Windoze PC - native XP support seems to work well enough (I don't watch videos on my VP).

Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamandoX View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem that most people are having trouble with the 4 Gig models? Also, it only seems to be with the Plus model. I have a ZEN V and it has never acted up. Works perfectly. Maybe I'm just crazy.
I've had my 4gig for a few weeks now and works without a problem, I'm so happy with it I'm going to exchange it for a 8gig model. I like that I can set a portion of the memory to be used as a thumb drive...COOL!!! I like to use WMP rather then the software that came with it. If I had a complaint it would be the software, the player A1....

WD.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:10 PM

can someone help me with the video format.. everytime i try to add a video it says how it doesnt have that format.. please help..

Old 04-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Save your time

marafican someone help me with the video format.. everytime i try to add a video it says how it doesnt have that format.. please help..

Not to sound like an A$$ here but I think you made a mistake by putting your money in ANY 4GB player and then wanting to load Videos on it. My Zen Plus's that are 4GB are for Audio only. I would give up trying (not that it canít be done) but you won't be happy. I mean what are ya gonna get if you dont suffer quality, 50 songs and 2 full videos?

Old 04-14-2007, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona955 View Post
Mine's a VP4G. I'm on my second. The OLED died on the first within a couple of days.

It happens, had mine 3 months when the the OLED went bad (never dropped it).. I have 2 more now, hope it's not a hardware problem and just random events.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 AM

I need help i want to watch videos on my zen! and it says its for videos btw..

Last edited by marafi; 06-08-2007 at 06:12 PM.