android
Old 03-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Banned

Default Backlight problem on my V Plus

I dropped my vplus in the water by accident. It didn't work for about 2 days then started to work again. It went back to working perfectly until maybe 3 weeks later and the backlight was getting dimmer and dimmer. Now there is almost no back light and I can barely see it even in the night.

Is there any way to fix this?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-16-2007, 04:17 AM
Insignia Moderator

Sounds like the LED controller is shot. And there's nothing you can do about that.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Banned

nooooooooooooo why me

past 3 weeks ive been working it by memory cause i can't see anything.
this sucks

Old 04-06-2007, 07:05 PM

is it still under warranty? could u back up all ur music and return it to creative?

Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Backlight

Donít waste your time with returning it if itís over 3 months old. They sock ya a $25 tech fee (which should be free under the 1 year labor warranty) plus the parts and shipping make it just as economical to buy another. I have 2 V plus 4Gb and the back light went out on the one. It never left the house (only used to fall asleep). After FINALLY getting through to someone at creative, they basically told me to get another. Good thing I already had another. Just hope itís not some kind of bug that will eventually affect it also. Backlight shouldnít have ever gone out after 3-1/2 monthís worth of gentle use. Oh and good luck with customer service if you decide to go down that road, you'll need it.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but OLED screens do not have a backlight, the individual pixels glow on their own. I've replaced backlights on LCD screens before, as the backlight is a separate component, but I would think the entire screen would have to be replaced on an OLED.

Jive

Old 04-14-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Your Right Jive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but OLED screens do not have a backlight, the individual pixels glow on their own. I've replaced backlights on LCD screens before, as the backlight is a separate component, but I would think the entire screen would have to be replaced on an OLED.

Jive

Itís just a common phrase thatís used to describe the pixilated screen (tech uses it also at times), most likely because of the pixels being fired up (lighted). Donít know why it's used to describe it. I know what people are talking about so I just go with the flow

Old 04-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Insignia Moderator

Oh! I didn't know the Zen V was OLED. Well then forget what I said about the LED backlight controller. I'm sure there's still nothing you can do about it though.