android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > iRiver > iriver clix2 (U20)

Old 04-18-2007, 03:22 PM

Default People who own Clix2 reviews, trouble shooting, general comments

I created this thread for people to give their reviews on the Clix2 and to help with some possible trouble shooting or just for general chat on the product.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-18-2007, 03:31 PM

I just recieved mine today and this is a very small and cool PMP. The screen is clear and crisp and has great resolution. Sound Quality is good and the controls are very intuitive and easy to use. The only problem I had with thsi player so far is when I converted an AVI file to MPEG4 and tried to play it on the device the sound was offset from the video by a few seconds. I dont know if this was the converting programs fault or the processor in the player...any thoughts anyone?

Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 PM

How long did it take your Clix battery to charge? Hours? Overnight? Mine has been charging all day and the screen is very dark, but says "charging" when I remove the USB cable.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:22 PM

2.5hrs from empty to full is what you should be expecting.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:12 PM

After some weeks, I must say I am generally very impressed. Very good sound quality, bright and clear screen, easy and fast control system. It is one of the few players I'm able to use with gloves, which is a problem on touch-operated players and others with small buttons. Very good when you are living in the cold north (Norway) with -15*C (59* F) outside.

The only thing I see as a problem, is the build quality, the D-click system seems to be a little wobbly, and I am (as always with DAP/PMPs) a little afraid of the minijack plug breaking.
And be sure to turn off the sleep function on the player, otherwise, it could seem like the battery drains unusually fast. A little annoying not being able to turn the player on and continue in the playlist, though.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Default newbie needing help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfpilot25 View Post
I created this thread for people to give their reviews on the Clix2 and to help with some possible trouble shooting or just for general chat on the product.
I'm new to any mp3 player....I have just purchased a iriverclix2gb. I just love it!!! Was easy even for a newbie to get started. I do have a few questions:
#1. Can the pictures that came on the camera be taken off - Wow!!! they are NICE - but not for a 70 yr old
#2. I have created a quick list - how do you remove a song from your quick list
#3. I can create a playlist in windows media player - but, they don't show up when I turn the iriver on.
Thanks, Peg

Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Buyer beware!

It is a nice little piece of hardware in theory, but if in fact you get a less than optimal unit, you are screwed. iRiver has got to have the worst support system of any mp3 manufacturer. You can neither get the unit repaired nor replaced under warrantee. If you do manage to get permission to return the unit, it will drop into a black hole for months and ultimately get returned with the same issues. I loved my first iRiver Clix (until I closed it in a car door) but my experience with 2 Gen II units has been a misery. Flakey performance and too short battery life. I have given up and moved to a Cowon D2.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 PM

A little update on my quality issue. Got a new Clix as the old one had a bad minijack. Before I got the replacement, I broke my headphones with a straight plug, and I've been using a pair of earbuds with an angled plug.
I were in a store today, and tested some Beyerdynamic DT770s, which has a fairly large, straight plug.
And guess what? The sound flickered when I was moving the jackplug, simulating the movement in my pocket.

It is pr. now two or three weeks, and I really hope I could get a refund or another player at once.

Maybe I am just unlucky. Otherwise, it is superb, but I'm somewhat missing the feel the old iRiver IGP-100 a friend still has. Big, clumsy, heavy, but it is built like a T-72. It feels really good, not like it is going to break any second.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Default no problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb5th View Post
Buyer beware!

It is a nice little piece of hardware in theory, but if in fact you get a less than optimal unit, you are screwed. iRiver has got to have the worst support system of any mp3 manufacturer. You can neither get the unit repaired nor replaced under warrantee. If you do manage to get permission to return the unit, it will drop into a black hole for months and ultimately get returned with the same issues. I loved my first iRiver Clix (until I closed it in a car door) but my experience with 2 Gen II units has been a misery. Flakey performance and too short battery life. I have given up and moved to a Cowon D2.
i bought the 2nd gen clix the day it came out and i think i got a bad one cause within a month the volume button quit on me, i contacted iriver, and got it fixed no problem, it was back in 2 weeks no hassle, no cash. then a couple months later this thing's freakin power button died (same device as before). so this time i ended up calling iriver and getting a full replacement RMA since they wouldn't give a refund and the guy told me i probably had gotten a bad one. i got the replacement RMA and it took a little longer (4 or 5 weeks) but i now have a completely new one that i pray wont break.

the support was awesome and although it took a while, i payed nothing for both times i sent it back. we'll see how it performs now.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Angry Clix2 bad customer service/player issues

I bought a new clix2 8gb which was not working on its first charge. The only way to get a replacement under warranty was to ship the faulty device to Germany for repair (from the UK). Having done this I was told that I would have to pay a further 40 to have the player repaired (under warranty?). Despite emailing them several times, they are not responding at all to my questions asking what the fault is, & why they cannot find the invoice that was included in the package I sent. Build quality seems pretty flimsy and I can't comment on the audio quality because this piece of junk never worked...

Terrible experience - DO NOT BOTHER!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM

At least the customer service of iRiver Nordic is pretty good.

Day 1: Delievered device in store (Teknikmagasinet)
Day 2: Call from the store about response from iRiver Nor., telling them to just give me a new one.
Day 3: New player in hand.

Couldn't really ask for more.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM

i ve been using mine for 2months with no problem. awesome sound quality with a pair of crossroads xbi.
also, my friend has had her clix for more than a year with no problem.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:15 AM

I had a Gen 2 and it was overall a good player but the sound quality wasn't as stellar as the CNet review had me believe. I used a decent vmoda earbud to improve it but I think Creative's MP3 players have sounded better.
One bad thing is the build quality wasn't too great. You could twist it a little and it seemed like it wouldn't be hard to pull apart the front from the back. Then I dropped it about 3 ft onto a sidewalk and it broke. Of course you're not suppose to drop these things but I've dropped other players from that height and they still played.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:09 PM

Two of my friend had gotten a Clix2 from Korea when they visited there. One's broke in about 7 months, and the other one's Clix is still alive after 8 months.

The funny thing is, one of them treats it horribly, and even put it in the washer by accident, twice. Surprisingly even after the two washing "experience", it's still alive.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 AM

hey guys,
which one is better for listening to metal music? D2 or Clix2 ??