android
Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Music Stutter (Zen V Plus)

My week-old Zen V Plus 4 GB stutters music -- no rhyme or reason. Certain songs stutter at the same place and on other songs, random stutter.

At first I thought it was the WMA's purchased from Musicmatch/Napster (those are the songs that stutter at the exact same place of the song), then there are the mp3s that were converted from my CD library that randomly glitchs/stutters in the song.

This is the first Creative mp3 I've purchased (the first was died within 12 hours of purchase and was replaced by the retailer). Both the dead one and this one have the same issue: my songs do not play right.

The Zen V Plus has firmware 1.11.01.
I'm running Windows XP Pro with all updates.

I've never had a problem like this with my two defunct iRiver players. All my songs play on them before they died of old-age.

I hope someone has an answer for me because it's terribly annoying to hear all my songs sound terrible.

---themuse

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You may need to do a device cleanup. See the sticky on how to access Recovery Mode utilities.