android
Old 04-21-2007, 09:51 PM

Question Conserving Battery?

Okay, I recently purchased a 4GB Zen V Plus and charged it 6 hours straight via USB (since Creative did not charge it for me) and it work fine.

I then sync some audio files and video files using WMP11 and Creative's MediaSource 5 Organizer and was able to spare 1GB left with 300 audio files and 2 24 minute TV Episodes.

I then watch 10 minutes of the video file and my Zen starts to lose a bar of battery after charging it for 6 hours. After watching 35 minutes of film, the player runs out of battery. =(

So my question is, how long are you suppose to charge the player? Is it true that playing video files eats the battery quickly? Is there any methods known to conserve battery life on the Zen V Plus.

Thanks in advance peeps,
-Your newest member, Silver Strife =]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Six hours is definitely not long enough for an initial charge, especially via USB. You need to charge it for a minimum of 12 hours, or until the battery meter indicates full charge.

Video playback will consume much more battery power than audio files -- and within audio files, WMA files will consume somewhat more battery power than MP3 files.

And, Welcome to the forums!