android
Old 10-31-2006, 07:45 PM

Unhappy Crappy Joystick

Hey all,

Just bought an X5 display model less than a week ago. The right on the joystick has decided to not work since today. Is there anything I can do myself to fix this, or do I have to send it away for 3 or 4 weeks to have it repaired? I live in Canada, anyone know how long repairs take when you live here?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2006, 08:23 PM

No there's nothing you can do yourself, I'm afraid.

Can't you return the player to where you bought it, since it's less than a week old?

I once had to RMA my X5 cause of a screen problem - I live in Austria and had to send it to Germany - I had it back in 6 days, and it's been working fine ever since. If the support in Canada/USA is anything like the one in Germany, then you have nothing to fear.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt
No there's nothing you can do yourself, I'm afraid.

Can't you return the player to where you bought it, since it's less than a week old?

I once had to RMA my X5 cause of a screen problem - I live in Austria and had to send it to Germany - I had it back in 6 days, and it's been working fine ever since. If the support in Canada/USA is anything like the one in Germany, then you have nothing to fear.
I'd return it, but it was the last model they'll have. There was nothing about it on the site, but they were clearing out all the X5 models. I got the last one, so I think I'll have to send it back to cowon. I might see if I can get it sent there at least with one or two day delivery, I hate being without music...

Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I live in Austria and had to send it to Germany - I had it back in 6 days, and it's been working fine ever since.
Where did you buy your MP3 player exactly, Mp3-player.de? If the support is that good, I definatly want to buy my X5L from the same store.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 PM

No, I bought it from Amazon.de - much cheaper, also no delivery costs.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
No, I bought it from Amazon.de - much cheaper, also no delivery costs.
To bad they won't dispatch electronic devices outside of Germany or Austria (I'm in Denmark). I'll try my luck with another store, thanks for the answer though!

Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Even though it's a bit expensive, mp3-player.de certainly is a reputable store. Two friends of mine already ordered players there. I don't know of any other store in Germany/Austria that's as specialized in DAPs. You could also try http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/ - maybe they ship to Denmark.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Even though it's a bit expensive, mp3-player.de certainly is a reputable store.
Thanks again. I just ordered the X5L and a pair of CX300 with it, from mp3-player.de.

Sorry for going off-topic