Originally Posted by drspark61
- Encode music as MP3s instead of WMAs
- Encode files at lower bitrate
- Avoid using EQ or bass boost
- Keep the volume at a lower level
- Use headphones/earbuds/IEMs with high sensitivity (at least 103dB -- louder output at lower volume setting)
- Reduce screen brightness
- Avoid unnecessary power-up/power-down cycling
I think they're all reasonable suggestions with the exception of using lower bitrates. I won't go below VBR ~192 kbps or 192 kbps CBR.
Thanks for the advice, I actually see a difference in battery life!