android
Old 05-03-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Iriver H10 20GB backlight doesn't go off

My H10 20gb backlight doesn't go off. I changed different time setting and still backlight is on. Does it firmware?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Man!<O</O
<O</O

I'm here to tell you, for a player that sounds so good, this is the single biggest piece of junk in my entire DAP/PMP collection...<O</O
<O</O

The 'touch-pad' is all but useless, and the GUI is so buggy, that I've come to expect a reset at least once per listening session.<O</O
<O</O

iRver once made some of the finest DAP's available (H1XX and H3XX), and to see them reduced to this TRIPE is indeed tragic.
</O
Maybe their decision to pull out of the HD DAP market was wise...

Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 PM

Thank you DaHarder for making such a useless post that in no way answers the question asked... I've used one and it was nothing compared to my h120 but still a lot better than other things. I say you got a defective one. Some of the touchpads were indeed bad.

Anyway back to the original Q. What if you put the h10 on hold? Does the backlight go off then? You may want to update to the newest firmware anyway, and it may fix your prob.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 05-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
Thank you DaHarder for making such a useless post that in no way answers the question asked... I've used one and it was nothing compared to my h120 but still a lot better than other things. I say you got a defective one. Some of the touchpads were indeed bad.

Anyway back to the original Q. What if you put the h10 on hold? Does the backlight go off then? You may want to update to the newest firmware anyway, and it may fix your prob.
Which is the hold button? The one with the padlock? It's the same when I switch it to lock position. Backlight is still on. I tried updating thr firmware and I couldn't update it. I went to their website for firmware update and there are 2 different types: UMS or MTP? How can I find out what mine is? Mine has firmware 2.51 PFD. I'm about to toss it in a trash.
Thanks

Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 PM

So you've been in settings, and you've set the backlight setting to something other than always on right? It can be set to 30 seconds and 5 seconds. If those aren't working then something's wrong with your player and I'd contact iriver if it's still under warranty.

Sounds like you have the latest firmware anyway. Do you use wmp or something to sync your music? If so then get the MTP firmware. If you normally just drag and drop files right from windows explorer then get UMS.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers