android
Old 03-28-2007, 08:27 PM

Default When will X5 get a little brother?

I loved my X5 - greatest player around in terms of features/functionality/sound. Now that it was stolen, I'm in need of a new player. I love the X5, and I can't think of another player that I'd like to buy, but I can't help but think that Cowon has to come out with another big size/big feature set player that's more modernized and sleeker-looking than the X5 but still has the capacity of the X5. Does anybody think I'm wise to wait?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-29-2007, 05:32 AM

Don't wait for Cowon... they're slooow.

No successor to the X5 is announced yet, although there are rumors that they're "working on it". Even if they really do, that would mean several months (maybe a year?) until it might be released.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:17 AM

Oh baby - I think the Q5 is going to be my next player. The size might put me off though. I wish my X5 hadn't been swiped - it would make the wait a whole lot easier.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:50 AM

Oooo - i just saw some video of the Q5. That thing is huge - I'm not going to walk around with that thing in my pocket. I'm back to wishing the X5 was getting a successor. Damn. Now I'm back to not knowing what to do. The D2 looks awesome, but I don't know if 12 Gigs (with an 8 Gig SD card) would cut it for me.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM

yeah, i was also looking at the q5 and its massive (like a giant d2). Do you think its likely that an X5 sucessor would follow the same pattern (basically a giant touch screen) or will it follow the more traditional shape (ipod/zen/x5) with a screen at the top and controlls below. Im hoping they stick with the current theme and go for crossbreed between the d2 and q5.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Does anyone know anything more/have any thoughts about this: http://dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3959

I hope it's not just dapreview.net picking up this and thinking it's real: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...o-the-ipod.php

although, they said they heard it from gmp3, who said they heard it directly from cowon...

Last edited by minkton; 05-16-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 PM

minkton, that mockup was an April Fools day joke over at iAudiophile in '06. Considering that iAudiophile is in DAPreivew's webring, I doubt that they thought it was real.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 PM

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=14455

I'm thinkin' it looks real...not the mockup, the X7....

Old 05-17-2007, 09:11 PM

i was so close to buying the D2. now i have to see how this rumor pans out...i've been wanting an X5 successor for a while.

more sites picking up the story: http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9719678-1.html