android
Old 05-12-2006, 10:46 PM

Default Got My YP-D1Z!

i just got this a few hours ago... still charging.. but its a big step from the t8. the camera is GReat! and the new features such as the inbuilt speaker is handy (unfortunately its a mono speaker T_T) and the new thumbnail viewing is great. i love this mp3player.. anyone else thinking of gettin a T8 give it a miss and get a D1z. you willl be impressed!

i'll write a proper review later.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2006, 02:39 AM

I'm looking forward to reading your review!

As we have already both mentioned, it seems that this Samsung model (along with the YP-T8) seems to be getting less attention than it deserves. The feature set on the YP-D1 blows everthing else (incluiding the Sansa E200) out of the water!

Not to sound too demanding, but do you think you could include a few reasons why a potential buyer should (or shouldn't) buy a YP-D1 over a YP-Z5? Are the extra features the ONLY advantage to this model? Is there anything about the Z5 that you would lke to see incorporated on the YP-D1?

In the meantime, would you mind posting a quick response on how much it costs and where you go it from?

Thanks in Advance,

Slydini

Old 05-13-2006, 09:18 PM

i bought it from my local dealer (because they give me good prices) or in other words they ordered from Altech Australia. i got it for $320 incl postage.. (dam they charge a lot for freight).

anyways the good things about this mp3player is that the camera is good but you need to hold it for over a second to get a clear capture. also the LED is handy .. very bright but not enough to light up a room of course. just a small area. night photo's arnt all that great.

i dont know about the Z5.. but the yp-d1 should have the same optiosn.. just a different OS. probably the main difference is the inbuilt speaker and inbuilt camera. the speaker is pretty handy if you want to share your music.. it doesnt go that loud on 20 volume though (50%) but 40 is another story.

also copying images is made easier. drag and drop JPEG's now. before you would have to go through multimedia studio and convert each image individually.. and also there is a zoom function for some pictures (not guarenteed to work on all pics). also you can change brightness and saturation and so on.. sooo many functions..

the new thumbnail viewing is handy but gets annoying because you are viewnig your songs in thumbnails.. also there is a preview function where it shows a small preview on the left of the screen and you scroll through your images on the right.

imo it's a good mp3player and has a lot of upgrades form the old T8.. overall it's worth it and the battery life doesnt seem taht bad yet. still on 4 bars after using teh camera heeps and using hte inbuilt speaker .

basically its your choice that if you want to get a mp3player with a camera... if you dont see yourslef using it then get a Z5. and save some $$. and if you want more space for music then definetally get a Z5.. the 2Gb version of this model is expensive.. about $80 more.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:16 AM

Does the YP-D1 support Album Art and Music Subscription Services?

Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydini
Does the YP-D1 support Album Art and Music Subscription Services?
unfortunately it doesnt support album art.

i'm not sure about what music subscription services is.
album art doesnt really bother me. imo its just another small res pic on your screen that you shouldnt really bother looking at haha.