android
Old 03-18-2007, 09:14 AM

Exclamation Sony Walkman NW-E005

My girlfriend is having a problem with her walkman so i decided to have a look and now i p****d off with it . Ive connect it to the USB and then it came up with that it has malfunctioned. I kept reconnecting it, but it doesnt seem to change things. Checked the Driver details and that no drivers have been installed. I guess that they are pre loaded on the USB, could it have been deleted off it? Or is it another problem?
Please Help!?!?!?

Thanks
Telster

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 PM

Is it showing up under my computer as a drive? Does SonicStage recognize it as a device connected to PC? If not, were the drivers that came with the device intalled prior to connecting to PC for the frst time?

Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Is it showing up under my computer as a drive? Does SonicStage recognize it as a device connected to PC? If not, were the drivers that came with the device intalled prior to connecting to PC for the frst time?
No its not showing up as a drive and SonicStage doesnt recognize it. I believe that the drivers were installed prior to connecting the device.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Try this:

Try to setup install CD on another PC and see if device shows up there. If it does, you can format the device from SonicStage. Read the manual on the CD before format. There will be sceficic steps. You can't just format it like a flash drive.

After successful format you can try to reinstall drviers on the problem computer, restart and see if that helps.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Try to setup install CD on another PC and see if device shows up there. If it does, you can format the device from SonicStage. Read the manual on the CD before format. There will be sceficic steps. You can't just format it like a flash drive.

After successful format you can try to reinstall drviers on the problem computer, restart and see if that helps.
Still got the same problem and that it doesnt show up on any other PCs . Any other ideas that could help please?!?

Old 03-26-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telster01 View Post
Still got the same problem and that it doesnt show up on any other PCs . Any other ideas that could help please?!?
I'd recommend calling Sony support line and sending the device as difective for an exchange.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

Restart your Bean. Hold a pin to the hole for 5-10 sec. Its a common problem

Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Crashes are not common on the E005. You could try reformatting the player from the player itself, if you haven't done so.

Also, try uninstalling Sonicstage and make sure the E005 is detected as a drive first - that bit doesn't need drivers for sure.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Sony Walkman

I bought my young son a walkman when i was in japan - very cheap !!
we loaded it to my laptop and it worked fine.My laptop is owned by my employer and I received a new one, and my old laptop was wiped. My son has lost the installation disc and having spent hours trying to find a setup on the web - gave up. I tried the Sony Walkman site, but didn't have much luck - any ideas ??
Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_izzy View Post
I bought my young son a walkman when i was in japan - very cheap !!
we loaded it to my laptop and it worked fine.My laptop is owned by my employer and I received a new one, and my old laptop was wiped. My son has lost the installation disc and having spent hours trying to find a setup on the web - gave up. I tried the Sony Walkman site, but didn't have much luck - any ideas ??
Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

you can download sonicstage CP version 4.3
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/down...loads.asp?l=en

sonicstage link
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/...ge_dl.asp?l=en

I believe it should support all sony walkman mp3 players.. (but best to check first).

Paul