android
Old 06-03-2007, 07:22 PM

Wink Creative Zen V Plus

yeah i have had my mp3 player for about 8months and it works great but i still cannot figure out how to put videos on there or where to download them at or anything like that so if someone could please help me out that would be great

ps. anyone know where to find wallpaper for mp3 players?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM

for video:
this is how i do it, you need to have the zen v software installed (the cd that came with your player), so hook up the player to your pc and start the "Zen V Media Explorer".

The screen will display "Select a task:", on the right side there will be an option that says: "Convert video for Zen V Plus"

A new window will appear that will say "Select Source Video Files", drag here the video you want to put on your player, click "next"

On the next screen you can set the quality, to be honest, the screen of the V Plus is not very good for video, anyway, there is no real selection to be made here, except for one very important thing, at the bottom of this window you will see "Folder for converted files" this is where the converted files will be stored, so make sure you either remember where the video files will be stored or select a new folder

and on the next screen, at the top it will say "Conversion" it will display all the files to be converted and also at the bottom there is an option to transfer right after conversion. so now just click "next" and you are done. If you do select to transfer automatically after conversion, be aware that the converted file 'might' be bigger than the free space available on the player.

Last but not least, i tried other programs to do this conversion and ... basically this is the best and quite possibly the ONLY way, since the V uses some weird format for video since the player is so small

for wallpaper:
as far as wallpapers go, you can use any picture. just copy them to the "pictures" folder in the player.

then on the main menu go to "photos", choose the picture you wan to use as wallpaper, push the "stick" down, to view the picture, then push and hold the "back" button until a menu appears and there will be an option for "set as wallpaper"

Old 06-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Default ....umm...

okay i tried that and did everything thing that he said but when it was converting it said error...conversion cannot be complete or something like that

Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM

you get that message when the "source file" (meaning the file you want converted) cannot be converted to zen v.

what is the file extension of the file you are trying to convert?

I downloaded this video file and it has a extension of avi, on the surface it looks like it should work...but then i found out that it was a divx avi (which would still convert) but the audio, rather than having been encoded into a 'standard divx' it was uncompressed AC-3, so no, the program could not encode it

also apple formats (quick time , etc..) will probably not work.

so basically it depends on the source file, if it is a 'untouched' (meaning nothing weird done to it) Xvid, Divx, WMV, Mpeg-4, it should convert just fine, but if it is something like .mkv or dual audio... you can pretty much forget it.

see if other files convert, if the file you tried for example was "lost - episode1"... i would suggest not to try "lost - episode 2", get a file from a 'different source' and try it again