android
Old 06-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Clix Gen 2 features?

Currently own a Sansa e280 but am completly unhappy w/ its music features and i am investigating other small flash players. I still use my old Dell DJ V1 in the office, and that was stacked w/ features for its day in age and they have all the features im talking about.

Most anoying to me are these two issues:

1) "On the Go" Playlists. Sansa makes you play the track before adding it to a go list. Does the Clix2 allow you to highlight and add songs while another plays? Also, can i add an entire genre to my "now playing"? Sansa only alows me to play 1 genre at once.

2) My player is filled w/ almost 3500 songs w/ a ton of artists. The Sansa makes you scroll to the artist, so if i want an artist begining with "L" i have to scroll for quite a bit of time to get there. Does the Clix2 allow you to search for artists or jump to a letter and scroll from there?

A few other, not as important features:

- due to my large, ever expanding colletion i like to take w/ me on the go, are there any plans for a 10 gig Clix2 or a model with a MicroSD expansion slot like the Sansa?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayzeeGuy View Post
"On the Go" Playlists. Sansa makes you play the track before adding it to a go list. Does the Clix2 allow you to highlight and add songs while another plays? Also, can i add an entire genre to my "now playing"? Sansa only alows me to play 1 genre at once.
Yes. When browsing through your songs or genres, you simply hold down the "right arrow", and a menu will pop up allowing you to add the selected item either to the current play queue

Quote:
2) My player is filled w/ almost 3500 songs w/ a ton of artists. The Sansa makes you scroll to the artist, so if i want an artist begining with "L" i have to scroll for quite a bit of time to get there. Does the Clix2 allow you to search for artists or jump to a letter and scroll from there?
No. But also on the 4gb clix2 i'd be surprised if you could fit 3500 songs on it.

Quote:
are there any plans for a 10 gig Clix2 or a model with a MicroSD expansion slot like the Sansa?
possibly a 10gig clix2 - if apple releases a 10gig nano then iriver will probably put together a 10gb player.

but there is definitely an 8gb model being released soonish. currently there are only the 2gb or 4gb models to choose from.

i'd be surprised if there was a clix2 with a microSD

although at the moment, if expandable memory is really important to you, there is the iriver X20 which has up to 8gb of internal memory and a microSD slot

hope this helps!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM

The iRiver B20 looks like it could be a combination of Clix 2 and X20 with a D-Click and expandable memory.

http://www.iriver.com/product/p_detail.asp?pidx=83

I have a Sansa e280 and just bought a Cowon D2 to replace it.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Editor

Quote:
- due to my large, ever expanding colletion i like to take w/ me on the go, are there any plans for a 10 gig Clix2 or a model with a MicroSD expansion slot like the Sansa?
There will be an 8GB not a 10GB... and no there will not be a microSD expansion slot in upcoming versions of the clix2