android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > iRiver > iriver clix2 (U20)

Old 04-12-2007, 12:59 PM

Smile Clix 2 will be available in Sweden, Germany follows (soon)

The Clix 2 will be available in Sweden at irivernordic (please follow: Produkter - Flashminne). Very friendly people there! They also have a .pdf-file of the English Clix 2 user manual (8.86 MB).

Edit: This manual is only interesting for you, if you do not already own a Clix (1st generation) and have no idea how this device is working. It has pretty much the same content as the user manual for the Clix of the 1st generation.

I have confirmed information (iRiver Germany, Eschborn) that the Clix 2 will be available on the German market in the very next future as well.

Update: There is some strange activity on iRivers’ European web sites. Strange, because these sides have been almost dead for a very long time (more than a year). They are announcing the S10 and the X20 now (not on the start side, of course).

I take this as an indicator to judge what that iRiver man in Eschborn meant when he said “soon”, concerning the market release of the Clix2 (U20). We will keep on waiting in Germany.

Last edited by haptic; 05-10-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Strange activity on iRivers’ dead web pages.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Default 15th of June

you can preorder the clix 2 8 gb model af cdon.com... it's available from the 15th of juni... nice!..

One thing is strange though... the price on the 4gb and 8 gb is the same?...

Last edited by Skobbolop; 05-04-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: additional information

Old 05-04-2007, 05:32 PM

I think that's a typo. The price is correct for the other countries.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 AM

well. i just ordered a 8 gb clix 2 at the danish site... 292$...... if they want to charge me more, they'll have to contact me... maybe i'm lucky and they won't

Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 AM

Smile Aah, they are still alive! Clix 2 coming to Europe.

Today on iRiver’s very dead European web sites you can find some more pieces of information about the Clix 2 and the announced w10 (later this year).

There is a typo in their specs for the w10: ’480x2727 (WQVGA)’ is of course 480x272 px, otherwise it would have been rather funny to handle.

Well, the w10 only supports Flash Lite 1.1 (thank you Microsoft and your beautiful Windows CE OS ) and the screen is a TFT-display—but it has WiFi on board and a MiniSD card slot, if you need more than the 8GB.

They are also offering the Clix (1st generation, they call it u10 Clix) which is a great device as well (Flash Lite 2.x support, but TFT-display and no podcast support), but I think it will not cost so much less than the new Clix 2.

So, I am still very much after the Clix 2—with its Flash Lite 2.x support and this great AMOLED-display.

Why do I insist on Flash Lite 2.x support? This means games and interesting applications for the Clix—hopefully some more in the future.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 AM

cdon has just shipped my clix 2 8 gb... and they only charged me 292$... woohooo.... long live preorders!