android
Old 07-27-2007, 06:28 PM

Default zen v plus screen got dark

well i wasnt very impressed with the screen of the zen v to begin with, you see NOTHING in sun light so it's pretty much useless (funny not a single review ever mentioned that... unless it was something wrong with my copy)

anyway, but now after a couple of months of use, the screen has gotten darker... and i still got contrast to 100%... now it's nearly impossible to read anything on the screen, no matter what the surround light is.

anyone else got this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...20&postcount=2

There are a lot of posts like this, and this happened to myself as well; only I've had it for about 6 months and really had to abuse it before it pretty much gave out. My fault really; as far as durability went, I went a bit far in the tossing game. It still played songs though >.>

I've also always had issues with using it in bright sunlight even at 100% contrast; this is probably on part of it being OLED more than anything else, but otherwise it's been excellent. So if you can, get it sent back to creative for repairs/replacements; suddenly I wished that I had a year of parts/labor...but am now looking into either getting a Meizu, or another V plus.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:29 AM

well today it doesnt work at all, doesnt start up
ill try to return it

Old 08-08-2007, 08:05 PM

I had the same problem with my first Zen. On the second day it had a line of missing pixels going vertically and then on the next day it had two. I just returned it and said that the screen pixels are busted. Thats what I would adive you to do.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenV+Lover View Post
I had the same problem with my first Zen. On the second day it had a line of missing pixels going vertically and then on the next day it had two. I just returned it and said that the screen pixels are busted. Thats what I would adive you to do.
Pretty much the same thing happened to my V+ 2GB. I normally take mine to work so I can listen to it. When I got home I noticed a drink had spilled on the original, ugly black pouch it was stored in. The player just appeared to be damp on the outside looking like I had just cleaned it off with a wet paper towel. Of course I think the thing is hosed, so I turned it on (I know, shouldn't have done that). My worst fears were confirmed when the display appeared with weird colors and lines going vertically. I waited a couple of days to turn it back on and the display looked normal again, with no weird colors or lines. I'm thinking everything is cool and my little player isn't doomed after all. A few days after looking normal I saw a black line going horizontally across the screen. Then the next day, two, then three. I had tried resetting, reformatting, reloading firmware. None of these fixes worked. My next step was to go to Creative's website for tech support. Creative said to RMA it for $25 since it's within the 1-year parts but out of 90-day labor. I guess I'll wait and see if they determine it's water damaged. It seems coincidental to me that this happened several days after that incident and the display was looking fine just before that.
RCA Lyra RD1021
Rio 600 won from Microsoft (back in the day)

Old 08-21-2007, 12:31 AM

I just wanted to provide a quick update on the status of my RMA for the ZEN V Plus. I received a new or refurbished unit with no problem. So evidently they did not determine that the problem was caused by water damage. I sure missed not having my Zen!!
RCA Lyra RD1021
Rio 600 won from Microsoft (back in the day)

Old 10-03-2007, 05:28 PM

Default A Zen v plus screen problem

My brother has a zen v plus and he plugged it into his radio to listen. Well this time he took it out and the screen turned a dark red color. He already tried turning it off restarting it. Now it won't play any music or turn off. When he put it to chare to see if any thing would happen to little green bars showed up and when he took it out it went back to the screen. Can you plz tell me what happends or how to fix it?

Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can try using the MP3 player recovery tool from Creative. It will reload the firmware of the player. Can you plug it to the PC? Will it show the docked icon?

Edit: this is the link to download the MP3 Player Recovery Tool from Creative.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Screen not showing up

I bought my Zen V Plus about 2 months ago. In the beginning, I had problems with it freezing etc. After I installed the latest firmware, it worked perfectly for a couple of weeks. Now, for some reason, everytime I try to turn it on, nothing appears on the screen. The blue light in the play button lights up but nothing else. Also, when trying to connect to computer, it does not connect, but I see the play button light fading as it usually does when recharging. I've tried resetting it but nothing. I'm thinking that it actually works, maybe just the screen showing up or connecting to the computer. Please help!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:27 AM

UPDATE: There is still a problem. Whenever I try to connect it to the computer, the logo screen comes up and freezes. I've tried resetting it but the screen does not turn on. For some reason, the only way of getting anything to show on the screen is to connect it to the computer, even then it freezes...

Old 10-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Check the battery level. If you have a USB wall charger handy (output should not be above 500 mA, to be on the safe side), have your Zen V Plus a full charge. It should then be able to boot. I'm telling this since some Creative players have problems to be recognized if the battery suffered a deep discharge.

Keep us posted.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 PM

Could you explain what a deep discharge is? Because by the looks of things, I think that's what the problem is. Btw, I do not have a USB wall charger,

Old 10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Zen V Plus, as well as other current MP3 players, have Li-Ion batteries. These batteries should be used and charged frequently. This constrasts with old NiMH batts, which had to be fully discharged before being charged again (to avoid memory effect).

Actually, discharging a Li-Ion battery until there's no power (deep discharging) can have a bad effect in its life.

Since you don't have an AC wall charger, you should then leave the player plugged into the USB port of your computer for at least 6 hours (probably more), to make sure the battery has enough juice to power it up.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 AM

When I leave it in the computer for 6 hours, do I need to see the thing when it is connected? Because when I connect it, it freezes on the Creative logo screen.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm... Try connect the player turned off. Also, have you tried plugging it into another computer?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:08 AM

Well, when I connect it to the PC, nothing turns up. Sometimes, the blue light fades on the play button (which I believe happens when it is charging?). Anyway, I think it's a problem with the battery, what should I do?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If the blue glow on the play button keeps fading in and out, the player should be charging. Leave it that way for at least 6 hours, unplug the player from the PC and then try turning it on. Keep me posted.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:15 AM

Now, the Creative logo appears and freezes. I keep trying to do the reset player thing (holding play and turning on). Sometimes it doesn't turn on at all and sometimes it does.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I know this is a frustratring experience, but you should make a few further tries before calling support for warranty. Remember to release the play button immediately when Creative logo appears on the screen.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:36 AM

More problems. I plug it into the PC and the creative screen freezes. But when I reset it, nothing appears.