android
Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Audible.com for (Samsung YP-Z5, YP-K5, YP-K3)

I recently e-mailed Audible.com wondering if there were plans or future plans to support the Samsung YP-Z5, or Samsung YP-K3 audio players.

Here is Audible.com's Response

Thank you for contacting Audible.com.

Upon reviewing your email, I realized that you have stated you're currently using the Samsung YP-Z5 and you are wondering when it will be compatible. Well certainly do appreciate your interest but I do apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, but for a device to be made compatible, the manufacturer updates the firmware of their device so it can handle the Audible book file format. We then update the Audible Manager software with the files necessary to communicate with the device. It is basically up to the manufacturer if they are going to update their device or not and I do apologize however, we do not have a timeframe as to whether or not this will occur with your device.

What I did though was note this incident so we could keep track on how often these issues occur. That way, we could then send these incidents to the manufacturer and hopefully they will make the necessary changes to make the devices compatible. After all, we at Audible.com, would like to see all devices compatible with our audio content. If we don't mention these to the manufacturer, they might not make the devices compatible in the first place. Better yet, if you could also send in your request to the manufacturer, they would definitely reconsider us as an alternative. Here at Audible.com, we are very pro-active to make devices compatible with our service. We take compatibility issues very seriously, as we are the 2nd most widely used audio file other than mp3 files.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM

So it seems, if we get enough support requests (email) to Samsung from users that they may add Audible.com support into the firmware updates for our MP3 Players! Samsung YP-Z5, YP-K5, YP-K3, etc..

If you are Interested, below is a link to Samsungs Contact location.
1. Click here for the Samsung Contact Us Link
2. Wait for the page to load.
2. Once the paged comes up under "MP3 & audio/video" Click on the link "MP3 Players".
3. Fill in the information on your device, and request Audible support for your device.
4. Under “question type” I would select: “Manual, Driver, SW Request”

Here is a rough template (let me know what you think):

<O</O
To Samsung,<O
<O

Regarding “Samsung YP-Z5” (replace Z5 with one of your current devices) device update request for Audible.com audio files

I would like to request firmware support for “Samsung YP-Z5, YP-K5, YP-K3, and Future Samsung MP3 players”, as this would make them a more versatile device. Audible.com has the 2nd most widely used audio file other than mp3 files.

<O</OAudible.com stated that they are very pro-active in making devices compatible with there service. They stated that, for a device to be made compatible, the manufacturer updates the firmware of their device so it can handle the Audible book file format. Audible.com then updates the Audible Manager software with the files necessary to communicate with the device.

<O</OThere are a number of people interested in having these devices compatible with Audible.com’s format as Samsung produces widely held media players. Please forward this request to the Samsung MP3 Player development team.

<O</OThank you for your support!,
<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->