android
Old 12-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Default x5 to PC "OK to disconnect" message

I keep getting the "OK to disconnect" message whenever I hook up my X5 to my PC. My Windows Explorer is not recoginising the x5 like it usually does so I cannot transfer any files.

What can I do to solve this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 AM

I had the exact same problem, just after I downloaded and installed a "theme" for Rockbox from the Rockbox site. Scared the heck out of me, since my X-5 was only a couple of days old.

I just kept fiddling with it, and I think when I connected it to the computer at the same time while holding down the "Record" button, or something like that, it finally came to life. I immediately deleted the theme, and all associated files.

Good luck, and let us know if you got it to work, and what you did to correct it.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It might be the USB port you're using to connect the X5 to the computer. Sometimes front-ports can give some trouble - if that's the case use a port on the back of your computer.

Or just try a simple reset.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 PM

The problem I have is that the "Ok to disconnect" message doesn't come on even if it says on the PC that it's disconnected. I've never actually gotten that message since the start but I still disconnect it just the same. When I disconnect it, it just says Good Bye and shuts off. I could turn it back on with no issues.

Is this normal?

PS. I've got a Vista laptop.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you get no error message whatsoever, there most likely isn't anything that would hurt the player. FWIW, the "disconnect ritual" is only really necessary on Windows 2000 and below, XP and Vista should have no problem with you simply unplugging the player.