android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Default My V plus wont charge anymore!!!! (turn off while charging)

I recently updated the firmware on my zen V plus, and now it wil not charge.!!!

My PC keeps the USB ports powered on even when the PC is turned off, this is how i have always charged it, you know i plug the player on when the PC is off and the next day is good to go.

But ever since the firmware update... when i plug the player, i have this weird thing happen...

before; i turned off my player , plug it in and then the screen lits up for a bit and then the battery icon indicates charging and the screen goes back to off. This all was done with my PC turned off

Now i turn off the player, i plug on the PC (the PC is off)... and the player automatically turns on, no, not the screen that shows the battery icon (like before) , it goes all the way to the screen that says "creative" and then to the main menu. Then if i turn it off again while plugged it... it comes back on again!!!! it will not stay turned off, to make matters worse, i have the idle shutdown set at 5 minutes.... but it never shuts off!!! it just drains the the battery!!

can someone tell me if there is anything i can do?.... and yeah, DO NOT UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2007, 07:12 PM

I just fixed it!!!! i reloaded the firmware to the older version, i had 1.11 and i went back to 1.10... just in case anyone that is having the same problem.... here is what i did

1) i googled "zen v plus 1.10 firmware download"
2)downloaded the older version of the firmware
3)started the player in recovery mode (turn on the player while holding the play button down)
4)selected "reload firmware"
5)then double clicked the old firmware file that i downloaded
6)click upgrade

I figure i let anyone know... in case you have the same problem