android
Old 09-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Default skip-free listening: does it work?

I purchased a clix 2 8gb, but it seems that it's not able to perform skip-free listening between mp3s... On the official site this feature is indicated, anyone in this forum has the same problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK-201 View Post
I purchased a clix 2 8gb, but it seems that it's not able to perform skip-free listening between mp3s... On the official site this feature is indicated, anyone in this forum has the same problem?

Gapless playback? I don't think so. Where did you read it had this?

Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 AM

HERE

There's written "skip-free listening"

Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK-201 View Post
HERE

There's written "skip-free listening"
Skip free is different to gapless. Skip free means when you're jogging the music won't skip. Gapless means there is no gap/space between one song and the next.

The Clix2 is skip-free but doesn't have gapless unfortunately.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Ok, understood

Old 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

Actually, any flash player will be skip-free, since it has no moving parts. I can't see the point of listing this as a feature.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoxil View Post
Actually, any flash player will be skip-free, since it has no moving parts. I can't see the point of listing this as a feature.
Not everyone knows that possibly?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

It might be, but I haven't seen any major manufacturer announcing "skip-free" as a main feature. Including that among the selling points looks somewhat retarded, but that's me.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
It might be, but I haven't seen any major manufacturer announcing "skip-free" as a main feature. Including that among the selling points looks somewhat retarded, but that's me.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Including that among the selling points looks somewhat retarded, but that's me.
Perhaps it is you, as it's a pretty retarded statement. Do you see hard drive based DAPs announce that they skip if jogged? Nope...not a good selling point eh?

So, for joggers it's a pretty good selling point for companies to announce that their product doesn't skip. For those that don't it's their loss.

Good advertising iRiver!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Man, c'mon, anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research about DAP's should know that a flash player will be skip free.

A winner is you, Almoxil. As it is a bit "retarded" to list that as a feature. Unless the people that are willing to shell out high dollars for a player do so without researching the products they are considering buying. Then perhaps it's them that are......Never mind.

Research people. research.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
Man, c'mon, anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research about DAP's should know that a flash player will be skip free.

A winner is you, Almoxil. As it is a bit "retarded" to list that as a feature. Unless the people that are willing to shell out high dollars for a player do so without researching the products they are considering buying. Then perhaps it's them that are......Never mind.

Research people. research.
It's "retarded" to advertise that a player is skip free?

I see that moderator language and behaviour has slipped badly here.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 AM

And by the way, the person who started this thread had no idea of the difference between skip free and gapless playback.

You should moderate and give constructive advise. Perhaps not every buyer is so anally retentive as to know everything about the player they buy.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumb Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
Perhaps it is you, as it's a pretty retarded statement...
Sorry, but everyone has right to an opinion, and I was expressing mine. Period! If you don't agree, that's fair. You can come and state your own. But please don't come here to bash others because of their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmic View Post
You should moderate and give constructive advise...
Research the forums before saying that.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Kosmic, you explained in post #3 what "skip free" means. That's cool. Why are you jumping on Almoxil since he just added more info in post #6?

Your posts #7 and onward are useless, since you already explained the issue to the OP. If you are unhappy with the way a moderator handles the forums, tell him so via PM - don't try to pick a fight in public.

This stops now. No more useless flaming.

Closed Thread