android
Old 07-24-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Transfer musics

Ok, I know this will sound really dumb, but I've just bought my Creative Zen V, and I'm having a little problem transfering songs to it. Maybe it is very simples but I'm just not getting it x)

I used Zen V Serias Media Explorer to transfer music into my mp3, using the tool "add media". All went well, I was abble to transfer the songs, but I didnt find a place to edit the music's names and after doing it, I couldnt find a playlist with the music I had just transfered, in the program. So, I tryed Creative MediaSource 5 organizer. There, I created a playlist and was able do edit the song's names and artists, and had covers to it. But now, I can transfer it. I dont know how to do it. I found some tools that should do it (Transfer Music, Sync Music, Transfer Playlist) but when I click them, this message appears: "No Creative Mp3 is selected. Please, connect your mp3 player and try again". But I know my Mp3 is connected because when it isn't, Zen V Series Media Explorer doesnt even work...

I hope you understand my point, in spite of my English being really bad x) If you could help, I would really apreciate it ^_^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hiya, Becky, and welcome to ABi!

I've never been much of a fan of Creative's media management software. They're inconsistent, not very well laid out (in the case of MediaSource), and have been the source of frustration for many.

My recommendation would be to remove all the Creative software and install Windows Media Player 11. WMP11 is surprisingly easy to use, does an excellent job with managing Zen players, and doesn't require flipping from program to program just to get common tasks done.

If you decide to go that route, I recommend reformatting your player first, to avoid any problems that could be caused by your player still believing MediaSource is managing it.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome x)

I have Windows Media Player 10, does this version work for this purpose too? And what do I do? Just go to syncronize, transfer the songs to the programme and from there to the player? It looks so complicate x) I'm feeling more dumb than I did Before.

Anyway, if somebody knows how to work the problem with creative's software out, I would still like to give it a try. Maybe I'm missing something?

Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No, WMP10 lacks the necessary replacement MTP drivers if you decided to remove the Creative software. WMP11's MTP driver is actually much more robust than even Creative's driver. I think WMP11 is also more user-friendly than WMP10.

Unfortunately, I can't give you much help with Creative's software, as your version of Media Explorer is different from the ZVM version, and I used MediaSource for all of maybe one day over a year ago.

The best suggestion I can think of is to make a complete backup of all your music files, and store the backup someplace safe (like maybe a DVD or two). Then, do all your tinkering with your working copy. As long as you have a good backup of everything, you can play around with the different features in Creative's software (I've found I learn best with the "hey, what does this button do..." method ). If worst came to worst and you royally screw something up, you can always recopy off your backups.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Ok, I guess I will just download wmp11 and try to use it. I'm wondering if it works with my windows version...

Anyway, I'll try and then tell you what happened x) Thank you!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

WMP11 is included with Windows Vista, and should work with Windows XP SP2.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:03 AM

I don't know; the software, for organizational purposes, was fine by me, and I simply dragged/dropped files into the folder via the software window.

However the really have to fix the encoder; I had to constantly re-encode files to 160kbps for space, and the software really blew at that. Every 3 or so tracks had a jumbled mess of static in the middle.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:16 PM

It's getting worse >_< Im starting to think I made a big mistake buying this player. WMP 11 doesnt work on my computer, and now Creative Media Explorer wont even open =/ At this moment I dont have a way of transfering music to my mp3.

>_<

Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 PM

I recommend Meidamonkey. It's never failed me yet.