android
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Two Audio Glitches I've Noticed

1. It seems that sometimes the player will chirp between two tracks. It doesn't do this on either of my computers or iPod. I don't know why it happens. Eventually I'll find a pattern (whether it be bitrate, encoder, etc.)

2. Also, if I'm playing music and I go to select another artist/album, using the scroll wheel quickly causes the music to skip. You can scroll one or two artists/albums per second without skipping, but any faster and it breaks up. I didn't notice this before I put the memory card in. I figure it's trying to seek through the memory card for some reason (as if the "profiling" at startup isn't enough). The memory card I'm using is a Transcend 1GB microSD in the included SD adapter. Perhaps the card isn't fast enough, but it works great on my M3 DS Simply (even with Castlevania: Castle of Ruin or whatever).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk666 View Post
1. It seems that sometimes the player will chirp between two tracks. It doesn't do this on either of my computers or iPod. I don't know why it happens. Eventually I'll find a pattern (whether it be bitrate, encoder, etc.)
Read something in the PDF manual about a tone between tracks when one is about to expire. Wouldn't know, none of my music is DRMed.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM

Mine neither, it's more like a chirp on an mp3 made from a scratched cd or something.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Regarding issue 2), how many songs do you have in internal memory and external memory and are you playing from internal or external memory when this happens?

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 PM

I had internal memory as full as it could be with about 120MB of video and the remainder music. On the 1GB microSD card I had a 700MB movie and two albums, leaving about 80MB free.

I was playing music from the internal memory.

I was thinking of trying two things:
1) Move more things to the external card. I'm taking a wild guess because I don't know much about hardware, but maybe the Pilot uses the internal memory as "Virtual Memory."
2) Trying a miniSD and/or regular SD. Perhaps it's the transfer speed slowing the unit down.