android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 AM

Default YP-T10 User Manual and Quick Thoughts

I wanted to supplement Zeddicus's link to the P2 manual, so here's a link to the YP-T10 manual.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ENGLISH0.0.pdf

Quick Thoughts:
  • The manual makes NO mention of the highly touted Bluetooth Caller ID function, nor does it mention the possibility of pairing it with a BT enabled cell phone!
  • The device supports 5 OTG Playlists with a maximum of 200 songs for each list.
  • For better or for worse, the controls appear to be identical to the touchscreen pad of the K3 (No dedicated volume buttons )
  • The dog theme is optional... There's another theme called Pendant and there's one that's called "My Skin" (Probably a user defined wallpaper)
For me, the biggest dissapointment is the lack of BT cell phone functionality (No Caller ID display). I heard somewhere that Samsung never really got this feature to work properly on the BT version of the T9, so I was hoping to see it fixed in their new players. I'm also unsure if the 8GB version will ever make its way to the United States. The recent trend towards touchscreen devices makes me wonder if this is Samsung's attempt to consolidate the similarities of the T9 and the K3 into one model. I, for one, would have been happier to see a video enabled BT version of the metal Z5. Oh well..

So what do you guys think?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]