android
Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 AM

Default UMS/MSC Mode Available on View

I know most of you might not care, but I know a few people here will be happy to know that there IS a hidden UMS/MSC mode on the View!!! Those tipsters here that said you can launch this transfer mode the same way you would on a Sansa Clip are right. They just didn't explain it properly. These are the steps you will need to follow:

1. Plug your transfer cable into a USB port on your PC.
2. Fully shut down the View (hold up power/hold switch for 5-10 Seconds)
3. Turn the View back on
4. After the View has fully booted up, place it in hold mode
5. Press down the left side of the scroll wheel
6. While still holding down the scroll wheel, plug the cable into your View
7. Keep the scroll wheel pressed down until the device is mounted in your selected OS

And ta-da!! Your View is now connected to you PC through UMS/MSC mode. Thanks to those of you that posted about this, and detrino for fully explaining this. I know I am greatful for you guys finding this out.

EDIT (EnzoTen):
Make sure you do not have Sansa Updater install, you may run into problems. My player locked up with a BSOD when i tried to move files.

Edit (advcomp2019):
You can get MSC mode by changing your region.

Last edited by advcomp2019; 04-17-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Well, one issue down, another pops up. After I deleted the preloaded content and did a format, when I load music via MSC it won't go into the database. That is, it won't read any of the tags. Load via MTP, they're there.

The Music folder was hidden after the format - unhiding it doesn't seem to cure the problem. Anyone else using MSC mode have this issue?

edit: also, to get into the mode you don't need to do all the listed steps. at the home screen, putting it in hold then holding the left side of the scroll wheel for about 10 seconds (the items on the home screen will briefly disappear/reappear) puts it into the proper mode. you can release the left side and plug in, and there's MSC.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Well, one issue down, another pops up. After I deleted the preloaded content and did a format, when I load music via MSC it won't go into the database. That is, it won't read any of the tags. Load via MTP, they're there.

The Music folder was hidden after the format - unhiding it doesn't seem to cure the problem. Anyone else using MSC mode have this issue?

edit: also, to get into the mode you don't need to do all the listed steps. at the home screen, putting it in hold then holding the left side of the scroll wheel for about 10 seconds (the items on the home screen will briefly disappear/reappear) puts it into the proper mode. you can release the left side and plug in, and there's MSC.
Not sure why it won't work. It works perfectly for me (thankfully) on my Linux box.

One question to ask: Does the device stay in UMS/MSC mode after shutting the unit down, or do you have to change modes every time you connect.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Not sure why it won't work. It works perfectly for me (thankfully) on my Linux box.

One question to ask: Does the device stay in UMS/MSC mode after shutting the unit down, or do you have to change modes every time you connect.
every time.

Closed Thread