android
Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Default S610 and A810 price drop

Both players with 4 and 8GB capacities have now a $20 price drop. I just bought the S618 with the old price last Saturday

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM

That's a seriously good price. I wonder what the deal with Sony is, though... they don't seem interested in marketing these pretty darn good MP3 players they've finally managed to come out with. So instead we get price cuts, presumably because they're not selling too well. Too bad really. :/

Old 10-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfnoise View Post
presumably because they're not selling too well. Too bad really. :/
I hope you are wrong! I think sony can do well with these players. If they added a mic for voice recording and maybe change the earbuds that the A810series are shipped with, then everything would improve. When I talk about a change in earbuds I mean to include cheaper earbuds for an ever higher price drop maybe? Then Sandisk, Creative and Apple would face some serious competition

Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 PM

I paid $179 for the 4 GB when it came out in August. Sony says they will credit my CC $30.00 in the next 60 days. I would rather have gotten the 8 GB at the $179 price. I see the 4 GB is now only $129.

I love the player buy Sony failed me amd they lost me as a customer. Next purchase is......... YES that's correct an I-Pod.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM

Wings: I don't see why you should buy an iPod as your next player. I understand that you may be angry with Sony, but there's also Sandisk, Creative, Archos or Cowon just to name a few.. Just think about this, Apple is all about fashion, bad SQ, high prices and "status".

Old 10-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wings, you bought the player in August, and we're in October. When you bought the player, it was new (or relatively new) in the market (that is, pricey). Sony's marketing staff decides to drop the prices, so they'll have an increase in sales. Nothing wrong. They told you they'll give you the difference between the older price and the current price back, which is nice IMHO.

I'm not saying that you don't have to be upset about that; I understand your disappointment. But in the end, it's the market. When a product is released, the price tag will surely be heavy (after all, it's a brand new product with new features and all that jazz). After some time, though, it's natural for the prices to drop. What I want to tell you is that buying an iPod doesn't guarantee that you'll have the best product for the best price. And they may announce a price drop 1 or 2 weeks after you buy it.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoxil View Post
What I want to tell you is that buying an iPod doesn't guarantee that you'll have the best product for the best price. And they may announce a price drop 1 or 2 weeks after you buy it.
The iPod Nano is inferior to the Sansa, Walkman and Zen in every single way. There is absolutely no reason to get a Nano unless you really like using iTunes.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM

I’ve got to agree 200% with Almoxil on this one.

Let me see, I bought my e260 over a year ago for more than I can buy the e280 today, dam I hate SanDisk now…lol…think I’ll buy an iFollow, NOT

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@Borg166: I didn't tell Wings to get an iPod. It was exactly the opposite: buying an iPod doesn't guarantee he won't have the same problem. He may buy an iPod today, and Apple can announce a price drop next month.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 PM

Don't forget that iPods have poor response in navigation. So poor that every single time I use an iPod for more than 10min it gets stucked. LOL

With my new S618 I can play with it for how long as I want to without any worries.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:01 AM

Don't get me wrong. I do like my Sony player. I just think they should take care of the people who bought their product before they decide to lower the price less the 2 months later.

Gift card maybe as a rebate? Lower the price less then 2 months after release is not like they lowered the price 1 year or even 6 months later.

I knew when I went back to the Sony store 1 week after I bought it I should have returned it instead of letting the sales staff tell me I would get a $30.00 credit on my credit card which I have still not recieved.

If I would have returned it instead I could have gotten the player for $50.00 cheaper 2 weeks later. Or bought the 8 gig player for less then what I paid for the 4 gig.

I like the player but not impressed with Sony and how they do business.