android
Old 08-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default 16gb V+ now on sale

On Creative's website for $249.99. Eligible for free shipping as well. Discuss...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 PM
ABI Invaluable

I think it's great, but the price is too high. For less than that price, I can get a Vision:M with double the capacity.

Unfortunately, until the price of flash memory comes down a lot more, I think 8GB flash is the economical ceiling for that technology.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

any flash memory price point is too high if you compare it to HD memory...but look at it this way...for that same amount...you get an 8gig Ipod nano without radio, or video, or DJ mode, or any other number of features...so they did good priving it there. I am gonna give it about a month or so. If a new ipod nano is announced with 16gb, they will drop the price of the V. But why would 8gb be the ceiling if the nano is selling at that price for 8. Surely, that price for 16 is WELL worth it, and the price point will only come down as it becomes easier and easier to manufacture. I guess i don't see your logic

plus, how easy is it to forget that when i got my 4gb Sansa, it was 200...and at one point, the 8gb Sansa was 250...and those are hella cheap now...so 250 seems to be the starting point for all new iterations, and they drop from there...so who knows...we could see a 32gb for 250 and this will be selling for less than 200...

Old 08-09-2007, 01:19 PM

their ebay store has one also
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Creative-Zen...QQcmdZViewItem
250 for it

Old 08-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Flash technology becomes cheaper all the time just look at the prices of for example pendrives during the last year. They become cheaper and faster. I wouldn't be much surprised if 16GB players become standard in 2008. If so there's another thing that creative should think of. Ability to play uncompressed audio format in Zen V.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
ABI Invaluable

Last I checked, The V-series already has uncompressed audio support. WAV files.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:47 PM

woah.

what does this mean?
does it mean that 16gb is only gonna be around for a little while?
chinapod shuffle 512mb

Old 08-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Last I checked, The V-series already has uncompressed audio support. WAV files.
What he probably wants support for is a lossless codec capable of handling ID3 tags.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 AM
ABI Invaluable

Mmm. That's different. Lossless is still compressed, just uses a lossless compression method.

For some reason, FLAC just isn't making it on any mainstream players, and I'm not sure if it ever will. I suspect is has to do with the RIAA. I mean, they've already managed to stifle FM recording capability on all but a few DAPs. If they're sooo concerned someone might make a digital recording of an analog FM signal and distribute it all over the internet, imagine their feelings about widespread use of free compression routines that sound every bit as good as the original...

Old 08-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheworld View Post
woah.

what does this mean?
does it mean that 16gb is only gonna be around for a little while?
i think that means that right now, it's exclusively online...as in, not found in stores...which pisses me off cause i wanna go buy one from my local store. I don't live in the greatest neighborhood and delivery guys will just leave shit at my door and I work till 5 every day. So there's no way for me to be home when they deliver and i'd rather go out and buy one than have it delivered.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 PM

Does the ZV+ still have FM recording or was it axed already?

Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Hi! I'm new to this forum ^^

I think this 16GB player is pretty neat, but it is overpriced compared to hard drive players. But the things is hard drive players are larger, and the smaller physical size of flash players is more preferable (at least to me). Can't wait until the price is lowered on this so I can afford it!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's not overpriced compared to players like the Ipod touch or any other 16 gigger set to come out. The inherent cost of flash drives up the cost of these players and you have to weigh the pros and cons of flash vs HD when deciding if the extra money is worth it. i HATE it when people compare flash to HD on price point alone.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 PM
ABI Invaluable

Hiya Lullabyloves!

For the price of a 16GB V+, you might want to have a look at the new Zen. Its 16GB model costs a bit more, but it has a much better screen, better video support, and its memory can be expanded with an SDHC card.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:21 AM

Where can I buy this (Zen V Plus 16gb) besides Creative's online store? Nobody (in the US) seems to have it in stores- Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.