android
Old 10-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Workaround for bookmarking bug

1. Make a playlist (AUTOCONNECT, highlight files on Pilot for playlist, use context menu to make playlist)
2. Select playlist on Pilot, select PLAY
3. Make desired bookmark
4. Reload desired bookmark (now it will say 1 of 1 and not show the entire list of the playlist)
5. Go back to playlist and select the playlist again and select ADD TO PLAY NOW

If you now go back to the current file being played (the one reloaded from the bookmark), it seems the player is back "in sequence" and continues with the next file in line.
Granted, this is more work than on my old trusted RIO player and I wish the Pilot would do what my old RIO does when all 10 slots are filled up, which is simply start at saving bookmarks in slot 1 again, but at least its something...
Barb

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM

The bookmarking bug is the one thing that may make me take back my player and switch back to my cowon X5. Other than the bug, I really like this player but I use mine almost exclusively for audio books.

I tried what you said and mine did not work the way you described. After starting the bookmark and adding the play list the numbers do change from 1 of 1 to 1 of n but when it reaches the end of the currently playing file it just starts over at the beginning of the playlist. It does not pick up the next file.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 PM

It worked on mine ... but now I cannot play any playlists at all...

Edit:

Okay, I wanted to use the program Music Tag Editor to make my playlist but had it set to simple m3u and the Pilot does show those but does not play these playlists, had to set it to extended m3u but I tried my workaround again by loading a playlist, making a bookmark, then reloading the bookmark (now showing file 1 of 1), then adding the playlist (now showing 1 of 7). I then fast forwarded to the end of the file and then let it continue on and it went on automatically with file 2 of 7, so the workaround works for me but not everybody...well, the Pilot needs "real" bookmarks....

Old 10-26-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Hey, Rhoton

Could you post your playlist file? I would like to see if I can get this to work on mine but I need to make sure the playlist file format is the same. Was your bookmark on the first file? Did you try bookmarking a later file (like the 3rd of 7)? If you do bookmark a later file does this workaround still work (i.e. does it go to the 4th file if you bookmarked the 3rd file)? When I tried this it went back to the beginning which means this workaround will only work for bookmarks on the first file and won't work for the rest of the files in a folder.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM

Have your tried bookmarking a file other than the first one? I would like to know if this works on yours because it doesn't on mine.

Edit:

Hey, Rhoton12, please try bookmarking a file other than the first one in a playlist and tell me if your workaround still works. Thanx.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 PM

I can't make any sense out of this - sometimes it works, sometimes it resets itself so that file 1 starts playing again (beginning of book). I think, I am actually not being very exact with the selection wheel and when I re-select the playlist, I am maybe slipping into the next menu and select the next file to be added but that gets me only one more file and not the rest of the sequence. I just really do not know why it works sometimes but not all the time, it's almost as if it depends on WHEN I bookmark but that seems very odd as well. I surely thought I had a workaround because it worked several times, but now my thumb is sore from trying....sorry folks!!!

Edit:

Aaaarghhh - it only works for the first file in a playlist - I am so sorry - I thought I had something there...

Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 AM

I guess I could combine all files of an audiobook into one file, haven't tried that yet, but that seems like a lot of work if I can just use my old Rio Carbon player I got for $20 bucks off ebay where I don't have to manually erase a list of bookmarks and the thing - old as it is - handles all bookmarks as it should. I guess I am just a sucker for bright and colorful screens....

Edit:

Okay, the only workaround I found is to turn all single files into one large file. I downloaded this freeware utility and it works rather well:
http://www.shuangsoft.com/ at bottom of page. It's free and it can also turn MP3 into WMA file merging single files into one.
Barb

Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Please stop making 3 or 4 posts in a row. If you want to rectify or add information, please use the "Edit" button. Posts merged.