android
Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Problem with DRM music and the DST change

Hi...thought i would post this here to see if anyone else had run into this problem.

I have been using my insignia 8GB with rhapsody since i bought it with no problems. However, when the old DST date came around, somehow the player and my computer dont seem to be in synch. I had not yet applied the windows DST fix which seems to have led to the problem. After applying the windows update to fix the clock, i can no longer transfer music via Rhapsody...i get a file format not compatible with player error. I have tried everything..updating the windows DRM components, updating the helix components, reformatting the pilot, authorizing/deauthorizing the pilot, licensing/relicensing the pilot..every possible thing i can find on the net to do, has been done and I dont know what else to do.

Very briefly over the weekend, i was able to play DRM music..but that was when the device said the subscription expired 1/1/1970 and rhapsody said the pilot was NOT licensed. I would get a msg saying the license expired when i tried to play a track, but then the track would play. So, it worked, but not correctly. I reformatted, device is now correctly licensed, and I am back to not being able to transfer music from rhapsody.

Anyone got anything i can try to fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]