android
Old 05-23-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Zen Vision M PC Software

Bought a Zen Vision M the other day and love the device, but the software really sucks.

Was wondering if there was any other software I out there that I can use with the device? Any software that will allow me to edit rename, or moves around files on the device etc?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-23-2006, 10:27 PM
ABI Founder

Creative's Media Center software is crap, but i do like to use thier Zen Vision:M Media Explorer. It is simple with a clean interface. Then to tag the mp3 i like to use Tag&Rename.

Your other option is Windows Media Explorer, wich i think can be a pain in the ass.

I have not tried it yet but alot of people seem to like MediaMonkey. It will tag and organize your media all in one.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 PM

I have tag and rename which is good and I have been using my old mp3 players RIO software for tags at the moment.

What I would like is a way to do this on the player itself (through PC software) while it is connected, and to moved it around or rename etc

Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM
ABI Founder

The issue with moving files around on the player is that it messes with the file system screwing up the database. that is the problem with MTP based players.

You can add album art to tracks already on the player by opening up the ZVM with Zen Media Explorer and editing tag info.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen
The issue with moving files around on the player is that it messes with the file system screwing up the database. that is the problem with MTP based players.

You can add album art to tracks already on the player by opening up the ZVM with Zen Media Explorer and editing tag info.
so is there a field in the tag to point to album art? sorry how do you do this?

Old 05-24-2006, 07:48 AM
ABI Founder

Quote:
1. Make sure you are connected and running the Creative Media Explorer and click "Browse Files".

2. Find your folder will all of your music. Open it.

3. Right click any blank area within a folder that contains MP3's, and click "Album".

4. Next, a split screen should show up with album(s) at the top with a generic unkown album art displayed.

5. Drag and drop images to each album.

from this post in creative forums

This is a pain. You are better off pulling everything off and tagging it while it is on your computer using MM or T&R or even WMP, it would be much faster.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:34 PM

I have had problems with album art showing on my creative zen vision m:... These same files used to show album art when i had an ipod. I don't know if it's because I was using Anapod before and now, I just use Windows Media player but basically, 99% of my songs do not show their album art.

These same mp3s also show album art on WMP 10 ! strange.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:37 AM

theres a good chance that if you use one program to put album art on your files, and then put in a library for another program, it will either simply not show up, or the program will remove it.

for WMP, highlight ur music which doesnt have album art, right click on it and select 'find album art' once that is done, reload it onto your player.

if that doesnt work, you can go and eat some babies.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 AM

hmmm babies sounds good, will give that a go then

Old 05-26-2006, 07:19 AM

The only thing wrong with the WMP doing the album art is if you miss label a song or tag it will give you the wrong album art or it wonít give you one at all! I'm using mediamonkey it rocks it has the Amazon album art search feature and embeds the art directly into the mp3 tag. It does as many files as you want it also renames files and tags all at the same time quick and effortlessly, if it does not find the desire art it you can do a search and find the closest match and add it to the tag you can also add your own album art which shows up in winamp. it also organizes your media! I avoid using wmp Many people use winamp (I love my winamp!) and with its new version it recognizes your ZEN there is a promes that on the next vertion you will be able to upload the media to your player directly from winamp I donít enjoy using bundled software so hopefully when the new vertion of winamp comes you can carry in a partition in your Zen drive and use it to import media anywhere!!

Last edited by DonDiego; 05-26-2006 at 07:31 AM.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:34 AM

there are many different ways to tag your music in WMP11 or 10, you can also either tag the whole album in one click (which, like you said can get annoying if you have the wrong album) but the other (slightly longer, but more accurate)way is that you can tag each one, and choose which albums you want.