android
Old 11-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Managing ZenVision:M using a new laptop.

Hi
I need some advice, please.
I have ZenVision: M. No problem there.
I was managing my music files using Creative Media Explorer. Then my old laptop died. All my music files are on an external hard disk (and I have them as CDs as well), but any extra files on the laptop are gone and little chance of recovery. When I look at the files on the external hard drive using Windows Explorer, I just see folders with music files; I cannot find any other files, so I presume those files were on the dead C: drive of the old laptop.
I now have a new laptop but have not connected the Zen Vision: M to it yet. If I want to start managing my ZenVision:M again can I just install the Creative disk and resume as if nothing happened? Will things like playlists synch back onto the new laptop? Or should I be clearing my ZVM and starting again?
The old and new laptops are XP SP2.
thanks for any advice

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You are going to have to boot your player to Recovery Mode (see instructions in the FAQ subforum) and reformat your drive. Before you do that, be sure you have nothing in your player you don't also have accessible from your laptop. This is necessary to avoid duplicate files caused by syncing from two separate managers (even if they are both the same).

Now, you have a choice: You can either install Creative's software, set it up, and resync, or you can update Windows Media Player 10 to 11 and use that instead.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:35 PM

Thanks for your help: clear and helpful as always.