android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 AM

Just yor you information:

If you use the alternative RockBox firmware, audiooutput is enabled by default. (Or maybe they just dont know/care how to disable it initially).

I just build/modded the delivered USB-cable and added a audio-out cable, so i can use the USB cable for charging and the audio out pluged into my aux in in my car-radio.

I used this two pics as reference -> http://jacobnwendy.com/sansa/ (Thx to that forum, and the one who put them up). Just connect the two cables labled "R" (right) and "L" (left) and "G" (ground) to a 3.5mm jack and voila.

If i boot up with the default firmware, i have nearly no output on these pins - with my scope at the maximum y-gain i can see some signs of the audiosignal - so it is really switched off with an analog-switch, and all i see is the signal which goes over the "off-resistance" of the switch (ie. crosstalk).

So to enable it with the orginal firmware you definitly need "help" from the CPU. So it is not (as someone speculated before) possible, to toggle the analog switch directly by setting one pin to gnd or vcc.

(By the way: i tried to connect a 47k resistor according to the two pictures: nothing happend, also tried to connect the GND to the other pins as seen on them: also no result... dont know how the firmware determines the external docks...)

CU
Daniel