android
Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 AM

Smile Adding Album Art

Hello,

I just bought a black S615 this evening and it's charging as I'm typing up this post! Gosh that thing is TINY!!! I wasn't expecting it to be so small!

Anyhow, this is my first MTP player... my first two players (Creative Zen Nano Plus, Samsung YP-MT6) were both UMS devices. I did buy a Walkman NWZ-B105F last week (the one with the built-in USB port) and I used it for a few days, so I realize that I can merely drag and drop folders with MP3 files via Windows Explorer, just like I did with my previous UMS players. However, I decided to exchange it for my new S615 instead.

So if I want to transfer album art as well, do I need to use Windows Media Player to do this? Or can I use Windows Explorer to add a JPG image file to a folder that contains related MP3 files?

The NWZ-B105F I returned had an ALB image file in each of the sample music folders... is this merely a renamed JPG file, or is it a proprietary format?

Last but not least, are there specific parameters for the cover art, e.g. size (100 x 100 pixels, for example).

Thanks in advance for your help! I can't wait to listen to this thing!

PS - Could someone recommend a good thread or article that outlines how to use Windows Media Player with an MTP device? Or should I just read through WMP's help files?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 AM
General Audio Moderator

you just need something with a tag editor like media monkey or winamp to add the album art into the tag.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 PM

Windows Media Player will transfer any album art it associates with the music files. You don't need to embed the album art into the mp3 files when using Windows Media Player.

Alternatively, I'm sure it's possible to get the album art working by embedding it in the files with a program like MediaMonkey... but personally I haven't tried this. I just use WMP and if it knows about album art, it transfers it.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:44 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll experiment with this during the holidays!