android
Old 12-03-2007, 05:27 PM

Default A strange problem?

Hello everyone,
I just bought a YP-U3 1gb for my friend as a present. She opening it at my house and we plugged into my computer. It displayed as 'YP-U3 mp3' in the my computer window with a little icon. Double click opened the device, I copied mp3's to it no problem (though I did have to pre make a folder on my PC...different to my YP-U1 2gb where you can create folders within the player). I copied data files to it no problem, I dragged both data & mp3 files off the player onto my desktop no problem (having a YP-U1, I learnt that installing the bundled software was a waste of time so I just drag & drop stuff like any external drive)...so everything was as should be.
She phones me tonight saying that the player isn't recognised in her my computer window at all though it does show up in her device manager? She can copy mp3s onto it using the bundled software but only has the option to delete mp3s from the player and not copy them onto the desktop, she cannot transfer data files from her computer onto the player/flash drive.
She is using XP home SP2 just like me?
The only thing I can think of is that I have WMP 10 installed and I'm not sure if she does? I never use the thing....could it be that just having it installed on your system would solve the problem? As you can see the player was running on my system 'out the box' so I doubt it has anything to do with firmware updates etc.
Any help would be much appreciated thankyou.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 AM

On XP at least WMP10 is required but WMP11 has more advanced features to handle the player. On Vista the player should be recognized out of the box.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:49 PM

ah thankyou! found out today she has WMP 9 so thats where the problem is. Wonder if samsung have some kind of 'deal' going with Microsoft then? thanks again.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:02 PM

guys. what to do if i cant get wmp11. any solution?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:54 PM

my solution...