android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2007, 04:36 AM

Default T10 WMV Tutorial by Narvin

Update: Video Tutorial is available at http://psyomcs.com/wordpress/?p=5

Dear T10 customers,

I am new here as I recieved a Samsung T10 for Christmas. As I am aware a number of people seem to be shrouded over how to correctly play WMV files on their T10. Currently there is a fine line for what encoding can be used so for those out there scratching their heads dont despair. I will now outline the steps required to correctly encode your video files using Windows Media Encoder 9 Series, which is a free tool released by Microsoft.

Firstly you will need to download and install Windows Media Encoder 9 Series by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

After installation run Windows Media Encoder, which can be found under Windows Media in your start programs menu. You will be faced with a "New Session" popup, under "Wizards" tab choose "Custom Session" and click "Ok".

Under "Session Properties" and "Sources" Tab find the option "Source from" and select "File". Click "Browse" and locate your video file you want to encode. Wait for the video to load, depending on your system it may take a minute or two. Note the program may appear to "lock up" this is fine on my system. After completed select "Output" tab, unselect "Pull from Encoder..."
and select "Encode to File", click "Browse" and choose a suitable location for your encoded file and give it a name. Note do not save in the same location of your original video if you wish to keep the same filename and extension.
Hit "Save".

Select "Compression" tab and select "Edit..." Under "General" tab and "Media Types" select "Audio" and change "Mode" to "CBR", change "Codec" to "Windows Media Audio 9.2".
Select "Video" and change "Mode" to "CBR", change "Codec" to "Windows Media Video 9". Unselect "Script", Select "NTSC (29.97/30 fps)"
Select second tab mine says "378 Kbps" yours may differ.
Under "Audio format" change to "128 Kbps, 44 kHz, stereo CBR"
Change "Video size:" to 320 x 240
Under "Video bit rate:" type either 282K, 340K, 548K, 764K or 1128K you may use your own number system however use those as a guide.
Select "Use default"
"Video smoothness" may be a number between 0-100, higher the number better the quality.
Under "Decoder complexity:" select "Simple"
Select "Ok"
Select "Apply"
Review your settings then when ready select "Start Encoding"
Video will now comence encoding, which may take a while depending on video length, quality and your system.
Once completed you may place file into video directory of yout Samsung T10.

Edit: Do not use Samsung Media Center for file transfer it will only try to convert the video into .svi before transfering, use your windows explorer instead. You may be prompted with a message box explaining it cannot support the file please disregard it.

A video Test File WMVTEST.wmv(Right-Click "Save Target As")

Enjoy.

Feel free to ask any questions, hope that all helps. Below are some images for reference.

Yours Faithfully,
Narvin.

Reference Images:

Last edited by Narvin; 06-02-2008 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Video Tutorial Added

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]