android
Old 11-30-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Screen cover on the X5?

I just received a used 60 GB X5 via eBay. I noticed there seems to be a kind of rubbery cover on the screen. It's not the demo one that has a little tab on the corner for pulling off; this seems to be fairly well attached to the unit. And yet there are noticeable bubbles underneath, the kind you see when you put those screen savers on. I'm wondering if this is some kind of super-screen-saver thing, just very securely attached, or is it really part of the X5 (to stop the real screen from getting scratched?)... if so, is it replaceable? Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

/Neil

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM

I just got a reply from the previous owner... it seems this is something called an "Invisible Shield" screen protector. It can be removed, apparently, but isn't supposed to be taken off easily. Now I know I guess I won't bother unless it deteriorates or more bubbles appear.

/Neil

Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 PM

for more info on the invisible shield, got to www.shieldzone.com Very good screen protector, and probably the only protection your device will ever need.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:28 PM

Also, you can get it replaced if it ever tears or anything. Don't know know their form of authentication though-- you might not be able to since you have it second-hand.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson