android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung

Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Where exactly in Europe can I order the MK4007GAL or a smaller HDD for the YH-J70???

Hi,

I would like to ask any of you who knows a more than me about multimedia hard disks where I can order Toshiba's hard disk MK4007GAL or a smaller one for the YH-J70. Or any other's manufacturer hard disk of the same characteristics. The only condition is that it MUST 100% fit a YH-J70.

Your help is very much appreciated!

bwprius

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2007, 05:19 PM

Why do you want that one. Because it's 40GB because if you only want one that will fit theres loads. An that is the smallest. The hard drive has to be a 1.8 inch ATA-50 pin interface, the only other well known one used in MP3's is zif so watch out for that and must be only 5mm high which means it is single platter not two platters which makes it 8mm. If it's a Toshiba you want which is probably your best bet for this kind of hard drive look for ones ending in "GAL" as this means it is single platter which means all you then have to take care of is the kind of interface which isn't too hard. Like i said 50 pin.

Did you get all that, may seem like a lot to take in but don't worry it isn't

Old 12-15-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ3F3Y View Post
Why do you want that one. Because it's 40GB because if you only want one that will fit theres loads. An that is the smallest. The hard drive has to be a 1.8 inch ATA-50 pin interface, the only other well known one used in MP3's is zif so watch out for that and must be only 5mm high which means it is single platter not two platters which makes it 8mm. If it's a Toshiba you want which is probably your best bet for this kind of hard drive look for ones ending in "GAL" as this means it is single platter which means all you then have to take care of is the kind of interface which isn't too hard. Like i said 50 pin.

Did you get all that, may seem like a lot to take in but don't worry it isn't
Well, that does not seem too complicated:

a "1.8 inch ATA-50 pin interface" hard disk.

and in case I would want it to be Toshiba, it should have the abbreviation GAL in it.

Ok, but since I do not know where exactly to look and what would be a cheap but good mp3 hard disk, I ask you guys who know more than I do.

Perhaps, you can tell me more sites apart from the Toshiba one that I don't know how I found. And if it's an European site, even better.

Is there a good e-bay dealer who has these hard disks?

Thanks again.

bwprius

Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 PM

yeh that's all correct.how much memory did you want, these are the models i know about that are compatible, there will be more that i don't know about.

MK2004GAL - 20GB
MK2006GAL - 20GB
MK3006GAL - 30GB
MK4007GAL - 40GB

If you type any of them into either ebay or google you should get some hits.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ3F3Y View Post
yeh that's all correct.how much memory did you want, these are the models i know about that are compatible, there will be more that i don't know about.

MK2004GAL - 20GB
MK2006GAL - 20GB
MK3006GAL - 30GB
MK4007GAL - 40GB

If you type any of them into either ebay or google you should get some hits.

I don't care too much about the replacement disk being 20 or 30 GB. From what I have googled and e-bayed I gather that in the end I will have to take what I get, provided price and dealer seem ok. If anyone knows of another brand, your advice is welcome. The Toshiba disks named above seem to be a regular replacement disk for ipods (remember the name of this forum?). But that is not really a problem.

Let's see what I can find in Internet.

bwprius

Old 01-04-2008, 01:45 PM

Thanks To all of you for your answers. I found what exactly i needed. God Bless

Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Samsung Moderator

so what did you buy?^^