android
Old 12-31-2007, 07:37 PM

Default CZM Power Switch on, screen not. Not responding!

-I was done charging my MP3 player from the computer one day. The power switch was blinking blue but the screen wasn't on. I then charged it with a wall adaptor. That firmware (or w/e) thing popped up and I rebooted it... I think. Whatever I did, it worked. It played as normal.

-But I've been experiencing little issues. It takes A LONG time to start. It freezes in the middle of songs. It skips in the middle of songs. So I reset it when these things go wrong. Sometimes in the middle of rebuilding, it will freeze. Sometimes it won't even rebuild. It will just go to the blank screen, power switch on and screen not (like the very first time). I can't turn it off, on... do anything. I try resetting it non-stop... NOT WORKING! The wall adaptor won't even turn it on anymore.

So now I'm here with this player that has the power switch on- blinking blue- but screen off. Plugging it in or resetting NOT working.

I think it's a firmware problem (I've never downloaded any, or anything), but I can't deal with that until it will actually turn on!!!

I'm hoping and praying someone has the solution to my problem! PLEASE HELP! THANKS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hiya, Kate, and Welcome to ABi!

I think what you've got is a player whose filesystem has gotten corrupt to the point it can't even power off anymore. The only solution right now is to allow the battery to run down until the blue light goes out. Then, plug it back into the charger (the wall adapter, preferably). When charged, boot it straight into Recovery Mode (see this FAQ thread for details), and run Disk Cleanup. Reboot the player, and it should work fine. Be aware, though, that whatever files were contributing to the corruption will likely be wiped.

Best of luck, and let me know how it works!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 PM

THANKS SO MUCH! This sounds good. However, my player died (battery went down) and I try plugging it in and it does nothing but light up. I can't get it to turn on to charge. I'll keep trying and then do the motions. Thanks again. Also, since I've wrote, it's done two other unusual things. Both when I was resetting. One time, the screen was black and green horizontal lines, you couldn't see anything but that. Then the other thing was this file looking square, with a triangle and exclamation mark in it showed up in the bottom right corner. I think it's a firmware problem. If so, I'll find out how to fix that. So thanks so much and I'm hoping this is gonna work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS YOU SO MUCH!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If the battery has run completely down, it won't power up to show you the charging status. However, the blue light by the power switch will blink to show you it's charging. If you're charging by USB, it can be several hours before your player shows any signs of life other than the blue light, and can be up to 24 hours before it is fully charged.

The other problems you describe definitely sound like a firmware problem. Once your player is charged enough, this should automatically invoke Recovery Mode. Just download the latest firmware from Creative and have it ready. Use the "Reload Firmware" option in Recovery Mode, and - when prompted - launch the firmware file you downloaded.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:29 PM

It's working, but I also think it is deff. a firmare problem! I'm gonna try and download new firmware. Thank you SO much!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 05:56 PM

I went to their site, and I didn't find anything on downloading firmware! Also, could you give me a few pointers and tips on it- to reload new firmware and delete the old. Also, what is it, what does it do? Will it be any different than it is now (2006) I've had it for a year... exactly, but it's a 2006. You don't know what this means to me!! Thank you SO much!!!!!!!!!!