android
Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM

Default What do I have to do to create a playlist on a View?

Had an e260 a while back which I returned due to the lack of playlist support. Is playlist creation easier with the View, or is it the same BS?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2008, 05:39 PM

The e200 series supported playlists though either a program or through Windows Media Player or through the Go List. I believe the View supports it though Windows Media Player and go list...

Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 PM

What is the Playlist extension? Can you create them yourselves? I know it's not compatible with M3U files but something similar would be handy. Thanks.

I prefer to use Notepad than WMP.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 AM

If it's the same as the e200, it's .pla. You can't use notepad, as it needs to be in unicode format. You can find a bunch of program to write playlists for the e200, but I doubt it works on the View.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 AM

Thanks.

If the PLA files are the same as WMP you can edit them in notepad. You just need to work around the code and concentrate on the file path. It's a bit overkill compared with the simplicity of M3U files.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Trust me, you can't edit them in notepad unless you have Vista. Even then, it's not exactly trivial for most people.
If someone manages to get an actual .pla file from the View's go list, I could update my playlist creator program. Try one of the playlist creators for the e200 and see if it works first.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Thanks. Fair enough. I'm not "that" bothered. I tend to just use the Artist genre and go from there.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Just use Rhapsody, it's free and freakin super simple.

Not sure why you insist on complicating things.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 AM

I didn't realise Rhapsody was now free but unless it uses MP3 I'm not interested. DRM is Evil and my Car MP3 Player only plays back MP3. MP3 allows me to use the same files on my PC, MP3 Player and Car MP3 Player.

Does Rhapsody work with WMP11? If not and I need a third party downloader that's another reason to not be interested. The more software you install the slower Windows gets, it's shocking how clogged up some people let their PC's get.

I don't need it though, CDs are cheap enough and give me Lossless music (by Music Audio standards) which I can easily rip and also have on CD for playing back in my Hifi. Call me old but CDs are just better than online services. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

It's not about complicating things but how you listen to music. I'd argue using a music service just for it's play list creation is more complicated than downloading a Playlist Editor or using Notepad (if applicable).

Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
Try one of the playlist creators for the e200 and see if it works first.
Good point. I missed that in my earlier post. I'll track one down.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM

So I can use Rhapsody to create playlists on my PC and sync music and playlists to the View?

Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 PM

Rhapsody is the preferred software to manage SanDisk products. You can add pictures to your View, it will convert many Video's as well, EASILY, and I mean, EASILY create playlists, rip your CD's to it, manage all your mp3 files that you have downloaded, etc.

I'm not sure how it handles pay-per-track downloads, I don't think it's DRM.

If you want, grab the subscription and just use TuneBite Unlimited non-DRM mp3's - just tell it to download to your harddrive in WMA format then rip em! Plus you can use the Rhapsody channels on the View which is pretty badass too.

However, as I said, it's free to manage your player with it, and honestly it works VERY well. I would suggest at least downloading and trying it.