android
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM

Default EQ reset after shut down?

Hi everyone,

My EQ resets every time I turn the player off. When I turn the player on and play a song it displays that it is on the same EQ setting before the turn off but when I switch the EQ to another and back to the one it was on originally there is definite sound difference. For example, before I turn off the player the EQ is set to 'Pop'. I then turn the player off and then on and play a song. I look at the EQ settings and it is still set to 'Pop' however when I select another EQ(without clicking) and return to 'Pop', 'Pop' sounds different to how it once was and sounds more like 'Normal'. It is quite hard to explain, but I wondered if you experience this problem? I guess it's quite hard to pick up and people may not be aware of the issue. If, of course it is widespread issue (nevertheless, it may not be and only I am experiencing this issue) then hopefully it will be solved in the next firmware update.

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2008, 07:33 PM

I have noticed EQ sound problem too. This does not seem to be specific to the VIEW, my e200did this also. This has been an issue for me since the introduce the Custom EQ with the e200.

I mostly notice this when using the custom EQ settings. (View and e200)

Select Custom EQ, play something with multiple songs. You will notice that the first song sounds the way you EQed it, now skip to the next song, it still sounds equalized but somehow slightly muffled. While the second song is playing, go to the EQ section, now without selecting anything, just quickly scroll from Custom EQ to Classical and then back to Custom. You should notice that it now sounds louder and equalized to how you set it.

It weird, it still sounds like its been equalized but with a decrease in Db.
Its almost as if the EQ needs to be constantly refreshed before each song.

I am not 100% sure but my VIEW seems to mabey do this less frequently since the new update. As an example the custom EQ settings seem stay when I am playing a few songs rather than just one song.

Hey, it could be worse, we could just be stuck with crappy presets like the iPoo

I mentioned this to Sandisk once but never head back from them.

Lets hope this does get resolved, cause I am kinda tierd of having to refresh the EQ all the time. Of course sometimes I don't notice it at all.

Take it easy,
Leviathsin