android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 01-15-2008, 06:15 PM

Default Player crashed, will not turn on, computer does not recognize it?

While I was using my player yesterday morning, it froze in the middle of the song. Just froze, like that. I moved the thing over to shut it down (which didn't work), and just left it in my coat pocket. I checked on it around 3 or 4 that afternoon and saw it finally had the Shutting Down text across the bottom of the screen. The next time I checked it which was 7 or 8 that night, the screen was black. I thought maybe the battery had died so I plugged it in to charge. My computer reccognized there was a USB coard plugged in, but my Creative MediaSource Organizer didn't recognize that the player was plugged in. When I plugged it in again today I notice the top (the place that goes blue when you turn it on) was flashing blue when it was plugged in, so I thought it didn't die completely, but I took it out and plugged it in an hour later or so, and now the light isn't flashing and it's not getting warm like it usually does when it's charging. I've tried the reset button several times and nothing's happened.
Is the player dead? What can I do?
Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It seems that you deep discharged the battery. In this situation charging through USB port will take very long time, since USB ports on PCs aren't able to supply much current. Try letting it charge for 8 ~ 10 hours. Let us know how it goes.