android
Old 01-11-2008, 04:08 AM

Default Got it. Don't really like it.

I've finally got my 16 GB Sansa View few days ago.
Averything is okay so far, but I still do not really like it and prefer e280 over View. Here are some of the reasons why:
- It is bigger than expected. Okay, it's thin and light, but still somehow too big -- also compared with Creative ZEN which has nice form factor and feels great. View looks like for some reason oversized e200 or old iPod Nano.
- Screen quality is still not good enough for a video player. Still like e200: brightness and colours are very angle-dependend and with not enough contrast.
- I do not like its scroll wheel at all. e200 was better (again, just my personal opinion).
To sum up, I like e200 better, even when with its problems and issues, and will wait until the 2nd generation will arrive here. Then my View will replaced by old good e280.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I liked this new wheel better, but that was not enough to make me keep the View...instead, I went with the Zune80.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:35 AM

I like the wheel on the View better. The only problem is in the top menu where I pass up the option I want every time.

The screen is nice and huge. I think the only other player to have a larger screen is the zune, but that thing was a brick.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:26 PM

The screen is "nice" only as long as you don't compare it to other screens.
Okay for MP3, but for a VIDEO player it's not good enough, in my eyes.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 PM

I have a view and the screen works really well for video.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 AM

I, personally, prefer the larger size of my Sansa View to that of my smaller/cramped Sansa E280, for its comfort and ergonomic advantages alone.

BTW - The 'Candy Bar' (LCD atop controls on the bottom) form factor works much better for those of us who are ambidextrous (both left and right handed), or those who are exclusively left-handed.

Others advantages:

- I have yet to find a video that required any conversion when added to my View.

- The LCD size is perfect for viewing cartoons/episodes.

- The scroll wheel is infinitely smoother, tighter, and easier to use than the E2xx series.

- (Most importantly to me) The sound quality of the View is a major improvement over the (standard) E2xx series DAP.

In conclusion
: To Each Their Own!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dav's Sansa Family 001.jpg (109.4 KB, 26 views)

Old 01-12-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vygi View Post
Okay for MP3, but for a VIDEO player it's not good enough, in my eyes.
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about it. Video play back or Menu interface?

Old 01-13-2008, 02:38 PM

Thought this was as good of thread to post my positive reaction to the View. I can understand sumx4182's feelings about the album art, it is small compared to other players but its not a big deal for me. As far as the screen I think its great one of the better ones except for the Zune and Itouch/phone as far as the popular players. I have compared it to ipod nanos and classics and I find it just as good. Thanks to Leviathsin's great work I have the right resolutions (usually 512x384 for 4:3 and 624x352 for 16:9 at around 1000-1200) to encode to (I use Super @ mp4/MPEG-4/AAC). The sound is good through my in ear Denon AK-C700 cans and the interface once you know it is plenty effective. Haven't had a chance to really test the battery though so I can't speak on that. For me its a great player plus I got it for 150 shipped from Dell, once those 8-12 GB SDHC cards get down in price I'm adding one of those. Now if a good silicon case etc would only hurry up and get to the market so I can stop babying this thing as far as handling
Scott
BTW I didn't have any of the build/cracked side problems many experienced and am using the newest firmware (came shipped with it).

Old 01-14-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathsin View Post
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about it. Video play back or Menu interface?
I don't like sansa's TFT display.
First, it is very angle-dependent (even one eye sees it darker than another), and it also has bad contrast (black isn't really black). The display is just not good, especially compared to my SonyEricsson smartphone, NOKIA internet tablet or Creative ZEN.

Re wheel I have to admit that the main problem in my case is (or was) silicone case which indeed protect player but makes wheel turning more difficult. Without case it is okay, but not much bether than e200, in my personal opinion.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM

I don't see a problem with the screen, it doesn't seem as bright as my Zen but it's good for a pmp. I do have to say I agree about it's size. For only being 16gb, it's pretty big. I know it's not ZVM big , but it's definitely larger than it should be. I have several players, and must say I'm more drawn to my ZEN than any other. I think it has to do with it's size and the ability to create folders in the menus. Though I still use my E280 for my workouts.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyboodle View Post
Now if a good silicon case etc would only hurry up and get to the market so I can stop babying this thing as far as handling
Scott
Try e-bay. Plenty of cases on there.