android
Old 01-08-2008, 07:54 PM

Default 2nd RE-release View? (16GB)

Hey, Does anyone know where to get a hold of a the RE-RE-Released Sansa View 16GB??

I bought one about a week ago and then later found out that there are rereleases for them. The 1st released version had the gaps, v2 (release #2) is the BRICKED one that comes with 2 user guides (1 on paper, 1 on mini CD in PDF format) The NEWEST version is said to have extra menus/icons and little tweaks here and there. Below are the menus missing that is featured in the PDF user guide in text Bold text=MISSING

Background Settings menu with Animation, wallpaper and color as its submenus. Connection Menu and System Sounds menu are also mentioned in the guide

Correct me if I am wrong but I DO NOT SEE THESE Menus ON MY VIEW 16GB (Firmware 1.01.06A)

I exchanged my view for another but it was from the old batch of Views. I've seen another post somewhere that mentioned missing menus/icons but i dont remember where....sorry for the long post

Read page 29 of 35 in the PDF guide if you have it. Can't upload b/c it exceeds size limit

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Odd. Have you tried zipping the manual?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 PM

Default PDF userguide

oh....here is the user guide....didn't think of zipping it
Attached Files
File Type: zip PDF user guide.zip (347.9 KB, 19 views)

Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm, you do have a different manual from the manual that SanDisk has on their site too.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM

hmm... you said the new release has different icons and extras??

Old 01-11-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus47 View Post
hmm... you said the new release has different icons and extras??
at least that is what I think b/c I don't see all the stuff it has in the user guide on my view atm....PDF guide anyways

Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
Hmmm, you do have a different manual from the manual that SanDisk has on their site too.
Yeah...3 Versions so far...the one in print, sandisk site one and CD version...

The site version is mostly the same as my cd one except they TOOK OUT the stuff that is currently missing from my View...

BTW what do u mean when u say that "you do have a different manual from the manual that SanDisk has on their site too."

Do u have the same one as I do??

Old 01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Since I do not have a View, I do not have a copy of the manual. The manual on SanDisk's web site is different from the you posted here. This is like my e280R manual. There was two different version out there. Come to find out the one that was on the CD was one Rhapsody made, and never told SanDisk about the changes.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:19 PM

I don't believe there is a Rhapsody version of the View yet...but it's weird that they have more than 1 versions, let alone 3 (user guides) for the View...

Ummm...Anyone know what i should do with my View??

Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 PM

nope, the manual is the same, in the part where it saids "more menu options" in the menu they are just showing the picture for an example. Like the title saids "More Menu Options" in that folder there is a voice recorder, settings and radio. It is taking the photos from the older sansa E280 and putting it in this one to show you that there is a radio and voice recorder and settings options. Doesn't mean there will be icons. Do you get what i mean? Like the icons are just examples. The sansa view doesn't have those icons, those are the e200 series icons, to show you in the view there are those features.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the info.

Menu animations and sound effects aren't something I'd consider must haves, even though it's odd with the latest firmware we're not getting them.

Do you have pictures of the new icons and menus? Thanks

Old 01-21-2008, 06:31 AM

unfortunately I have none... As you have said, they're haven't been included with the last firmware update...The extra stuff is not a necessity but it is better to have it then not having it right?

Icons that are missing are ones present in the Sansa e200 series...Radio & Microphone ones anyways as for the menus/options who knows if there ever will be any in the future seeing that the only evidence of them are from the user guide (my uploaded version) I'm assuming that Sandisk dropped those extras or got lazy on them...anyways

Anyone know how to get the View to stop FREEZING? normally the hold button+home button combo (or Hard restart if need be) works when it freezes but IT'S STILL A PAIN IN THE ***
(disabling Shuffle helps but I like using Shuffle mode)
Follow link for Radio+Microphone icons that are in the e280 and not in the View (seen in the 1st 2mins of video)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i73sp9ZjkAk&feature=related

Old 01-21-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@ns@ rocks View Post
nope, the manual is the same, in the part where it saids "more menu options" in the menu they are just showing the picture for an example. Like the title saids "More Menu Options" in that folder there is a voice recorder, settings and radio. It is taking the photos from the older sansa E280 and putting it in this one to show you that there is a radio and voice recorder and settings options. Doesn't mean there will be icons. Do you get what i mean? Like the icons are just examples. The sansa view doesn't have those icons, those are the e200 series icons, to show you in the view there are those features.
ummm....NO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME! If you skim through it all you will think its the same but when you actually read it, you will find that it is different...As for the icons, to put it bluntly...Why aren't they even in the View (new) when the e200s (old) have them? Moving back to the userguide...pages were removed+edited from the version I uploaded and the one on the Sandisk site...If ya don't believe me, save both of them & see for yourself.

If they are just for show then I sorta feel like I ended up with a lemon...I'm seriously thinking of getting a different mp3 player or maybe...just maybe an Ipod nano 3G LoL (View FREEZES WAY TOO MUCH)