android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 PM

Default video conversion woes...please help

hi all, I have been reading this forum and it it very informative. I could use some help. my new insignia ns-dv seems to be very fussy about how the video is transcoded. I don't understand this. all my other players in the past would work as they should, ie if the player says it plays avi then it plays avi etc. now as i understand it this is just the "container" and the video has to be transcoded using mpeg4. ok fine but the included media conversion software is weak. it is very slow and you can't make a widescreen into a full, which is what i want. so i'm trying to understand what the arcsoft software is doing to the video that not other program seems to be able to. i see that some people have had success with other programs and that is even more baffling to me. i have tried them with the same settings and create video that will not work on the same model player. makes not sense. I have tried super, iriverter, total video converter, mediacoder and mencoder. all have converted the video yet when i try to load it on the player it etiher prompts me it is not compatible or loads but then will not open or loads but then freezes. note that video converted with the arcsoft program works fine. I have tried all three firmawares. I hope someone can help me with this as i am ready to stomp it to pieces. thanks for any help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]